Sorry, a few questions - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2008, 10:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Takeover

Default Sorry, a few questions

I always hate posting questions when i feel they may have already been answered. I've read a lot of the posts here, searched through most of the forum, and found a lot of helpful information. But, I still have a few questions and I think you all would be most helpful in getting me info I need. So here we go.

Basically I've been riding for about 4-5 seasons. I'd say my skill level is above intermediate, but maybe not 100% advanced yet. I'm 24, 5'10'' and anywhere from 175-180 lbs. I've had the same board since i started, an 04ish Ride Nation and I'm way overdue for an upgrade. I was lookin at a Rome Agent with Rome 390's. I've tried to find as many reviews and info I could on this. What I'm trying to accomplish with this setup is an all-mountain board. I mainly do speed runs and cruise with friends but, I'd like to start hittin the park more though and just hittin whatever I see during a normal run. So I wanted something light, has great control, looks good, and able to take me anywhere. Will the Agent get me that? Or should I be lookin at something else? Rome Design? I'm only talkin rome because some of my friends ride rome and they love them but I'm open to suggestion. Would I get better control with a shorter board? Maybe a 156 or 154?? Mainly ridin groomed packed powder at 7springs in PA.

Also, anyone wear a 686 Smarty Woodland (in white) jacket? Was thinkin about pickin that up but I wanted to see what others thought.

Sorry for the book I just wrote, any help would be greatly appreciated, and if you're ever in PA at 7 springs. I'll buy you a beer at the Foggie Goggle.

Last edited by Takeover; 12-09-2008 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2008, 10:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeover View Post
...So I wanted something light, has great control, looks good, and able to take me anywhere. Will the Agent get me that? Would I get better control with a shorter board? Maybe a 156 or 154??...
This all hinges upon how you define "control." Or rather, where you want to define control. Control in the park is very different from control on a speed-run. A shorter deck will give you more manuverability in the park (i.e. control), but less stability at speed. The weight range for a 154cm Agent is 115 - 170 lbs. You are over that weight. Do not get a 154cm Agent if you want it to function properly. The 156cm is 125 - 185. Take a look at the Rome web site for the specs.

"Up, up, my people, let smoke and flame be our sign!"
-The White Rose Society

sedition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Takeover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedition View Post
This all hinges upon how you define "control." Or rather, where you want to define control. Control in the park is very different from control on a speed-run. A shorter deck will give you more manuverability in the park (i.e. control), but less stability at speed. The weight range for a 154cm Agent is 115 - 170 lbs. You are over that weight. Do not get a 154cm Agent if you want it to function properly. The 156cm is 125 - 185. Take a look at the Rome web site for the specs.

Thanks for the quick reply. I guess I'd rather have control on my normal runs seeing as the park isn't the first place I ever go. I saw the specs on the site earlier, but I wasn't sure about getting a shorter or longer board and what that would do for me. Thanks for the info. Guess I'll focus more on the 156
Old 12-09-2008, 11:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeover View Post
...but I wasn't sure about getting a shorter or longer board and what that would do for me.
The first thing you want to look for is that you are in the manufacutres suggested weight range. After than, then you can start looking at length options. Agent is a great deck, BTW.

"Up, up, my people, let smoke and flame be our sign!"
-The White Rose Society

sedition is offline   Reply With Quote