Rome Targa or Union Force - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2008, 08:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
jonnydanger

Default Rome Targa or Union Force

I've narrowed it down to the Rome Targas or the Union Forces. I've been to a few local shops, tried on both bindings with my boots (size 13 so I wanted to try just to make sure it fit well) and all I've heard are positive reviews on each binding, both in person and online. I can get either of them for $200 and I'm totally split. I like the sound of how customizable the Targas are and it seems both of them are very well made and sturdy. I think I'm leaning towards the Targas and I have to order them today to hope they make it here so I can ride them on Sunday but I figured I'd run a check on here. Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2008, 10:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnydanger View Post
I've narrowed it down to the Rome Targas or the Union Forces. I've been to a few local shops, tried on both bindings with my boots (size 13 so I wanted to try just to make sure it fit well) and all I've heard are positive reviews on each binding, both in person and online. I can get either of them for $200 and I'm totally split. I like the sound of how customizable the Targas are and it seems both of them are very well made and sturdy. I think I'm leaning towards the Targas and I have to order them today to hope they make it here so I can ride them on Sunday but I figured I'd run a check on here. Thanks for the help.
i love rome bindings, and most people will disagree with me but...... i know its there most high-tech bindings and gets all the features but i dont think its the best model in there lineup at all. i havent tried the new plastic ones, but i feel like the arsenal is a better binding if your free riding, and the 390 is better for freestyle. but if its all about customizability then the targa may be one of the top bindings on the market for you. i would also check the bent metal step ins, they are pretty much just as customizable, maybe even more...
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
ThirdEye

I have some bent metal step ins. they are awesome.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
jonnydanger

Only thing with Bent Metal is the large is rated for a size 12 foot max and I ride a size 13 soooooo that might make up my mind there. I don't see an XL listed on their sizing charts either.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
ThirdEye

Can never go wrong with rome.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

i got last seasons Targas... I love them period
NYCboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
jonnydanger

Last years Targas are 170 or so, this year 200. I think I'm going to go with this years just because it's been a while since I got bindings so I deserve them. And I'll throw in the whole xmas treat to myself if the wife asks when they come to the door.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

screw union .. they are def the fotm binding right now but i hate em. i had a pair a few years ago and the adjustment screws were put on so tight i had to drill them out and replace them when i went to make some binding adjustments. even worse when i sent them a wtf mail saying that lefthanded ajustment screws ( meaning screws on the left side )on the bindings had to be drilled out they replied " we dont use lefthanded screws".. is this for real ? wtf is a left handed screw? its like saying a left handed basketball or something. they also never at any time tried to appease me or offer something ( which wasnt what i wanted as i had already bought new drakes but its good to have a company make the offer imo ). if their c/s and own product knowledge is that low i dont want anything to do with them lol. ill stick with drake ( which is where the union guys came from in the first place )

a friend of mine swears by his romes so yeah if your lookin at those id say scoop em up
burritosandsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I liked the Targas, but went with the Union Data's from last year. Most comfortable binding I've ever ridden. Honestly though you won't go wrong with either
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
jonnydanger

Cool, thanks for the feedback everyone. Think I'm going to go to with the Targas this time around. The Unions still intrigue me a little, but I don't think there's a wrong way to go. Thanks!