Burton Air 153, Ride LX bindings, Burton moto boots... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2008, 12:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
ygtk09

Default Burton Air 153, Ride LX bindings, Burton moto boots...

Hi, just got those three items. I'm a beginner and need help attaching the boots to the board. The process looks really simply, except i really do not know which angle to place the bindings at. Any tips?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2008, 01:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I ride classic duck stance, 15/-15. Itsvery comfortable for me and makes riding switch easier. You should just bring a multi tool with you so you can play around with the angles. I changed mine a bunch until I decided to stick with the setup I have now
Glade Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
ygtk09

Cool, that helps, now is there a reason for 15/15, or is it becuase you find it most comfortable.. Is there a guide that one can go by? Or its what one likes best?
Old 12-10-2008, 01:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Stance's are personal opinion. He rides 15/-15 because if he is riding switch his feet are in the identical position. I ride 21/-12 currently but last season I was riding 18/-12. I personally think for a true noob that riding with a forward stance is the better move since it forces you to learn how to turn properly one way before moving to switch. Otherwise you'll have a tendency to just "falling leaf" down the mountain on your heel-side without learning the proper turn method initially. I suggest a 15/6 forward stance to start with but go with what feels comfortable to you.
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
ygtk09

i see, well i went boarindg twice and switching really was not my problem, i couldnt figure out which side i am goofy or regular. I play hockey and stop with both feet lol. Another question, what is the differnece between making it wider, or shorter?
Old 12-10-2008, 01:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
snowaddiction79

I started on a Burton Air 153 as well. Great board to learn on. For stance I'd go with anywhere between 15/0 to 15/6. I myself started out 15/0 and still ride like this today. This season I'm actually going to try 15/15 and practice riding switch.

As far as whether you are goofy or regular its whatever side you really learn first. Anyone can learn to ride goofy or regular so its just a matter of which side your body learns first.