Burton jacket, what you think?? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2008, 04:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Layza4STi

Default Burton jacket, what you think??

What's up all, been boarding for some time now. I got a new board last season and now it time for a jacket. So i've been looking around for the past week at local shop's and just cant find anything i like, it's ether to thin or doesn't look right. So i was browsing the web and came across this burton jacket. I like the style/price of it and was just wondering if any of you guy had any experience with this jacket. Is it going to keep me warm is the main thing, or am i going to have to add a extra layer?? Here is the link,Burton Shaun White Bad Moon Rising Jacket - Men's - Free Shipping! from Dogfunk.com thanks..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2008, 05:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
BoardingBurnt

we sell that jacket at the store I work at, its a pretty sick jacket and I no its insulated with something so its not just a shell. They tell us tho that when ppl ask how warm a jacket is we are supposed to tell them that jackets dont make heat they insulate it so alot of it depends on how hot a person gets...some more than others. Assuming that you dont have a body heat temperature equivalent to that of a dead man...then this jacket should be good with just a sweater and something light under the sweater
Old 12-10-2008, 05:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Layza4STi

Thanks for the fast reply, I think i'm going to snag it. I just like to try on my gear before i buy. But since i know that there is some layering in the jacket, it should be all good... Thanks agian... Any other thought's are welcome
Old 12-10-2008, 05:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Layza4STi

OMG they dont have my size. Just my luck, burnt do you guy's have a large in stock or a web page i can look at?? They have it on the burton web page for full price, but that's no fun...
Old 12-10-2008, 05:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
BoardingBurnt

well im not gunna say we have the cheapest prices around but here take a look... Sporting Life Online Store
Old 12-10-2008, 05:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layza4STi View Post
OMG they dont have my size. Just my luck, burnt do you guy's have a large in stock or a web page i can look at?? They have it on the burton web page for full price, but that's no fun...
since you want it from dogfunk also try their mother site Backcountry.com: The North Face, Mountain Hardwear and Arc'teryx Skiing, Camping, Hiking and Backpacking Gear to see if its there. when i worked there they were really giving the i.t./web guys a hard time about trying to tie all their sites into a standard inventory base. if that hasnt happened as yet then the other site may still show some as in stock.
burritosandsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 06:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Layza4STi

^^ yea, i called them, all sold out.. But a fast search and i found it for $150 at a different store.. Thanks for the help guy's...
Old 12-11-2008, 04:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
BoardingBurnt

150 is a solid price for that jacket ... what store did u find it at?
Old 12-11-2008, 02:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Layza4STi

moda3.com, they are local to, so i picked it up last night... Now i cant wait for sunday