Arbor Boards??? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2008, 12:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
abe_froman

Default Arbor Boards???

so ive been riding never summer decks for the last 9-10 years and am thinking of trying something new this season... not at all dissatisfied with never summer, just ready to try something else.

arbor is currently at, or near, the top of my list but im concerned about their durability, or lack thereof. never summers are the boards i would judge them against since im most familiar with em these days.

ive had 3 ns legacies and am thinking about the arbor roundhouse (i gots big feets).

any experiences out there that would lean either way in regards to arbor durability????

also thinking about libs, specifically the skunk ape or the snow mullet. but ive always felt they were kinda flimsy back in the day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2008, 05:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
abe_froman

bumpski^^^
Old 12-11-2008, 05:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i don't know, but alot of the arbor boards are hot and make me want to sell myself for money.
snowjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
abe_froman

i agree... im ready to order a new roundhouse right now but i was hoping to hear something good about their durability before i pull the trigger. none of my buds ride or have riden them in the past so im in the dark.

otherwise, another new ns legacy or titan wide will be coming my way.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Once again not whoring i swear..although sometimes i feel like i am..

Daddiesboardshop.com out here in Oregon has 20% off all orders over 199 with HOLIDAY2008 coupon code...they stock as far as i can tell all of the Arbor boards. Could save yourself a nice chunk of change.

You could get an 09 Roundhouse there for 440 which i doubt you will find anywhere else..
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
abe_froman

thanks... a actually checked that site earlier and didnt notice a discount, but i didnt know about the coupon code. backcountry has em at 459 i think. always lookin for a bargain...
Old 12-11-2008, 06:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Tolem

I take it you dont have any board shops out there in flagstaff? I was able to call around to some local dealers and was able to find all of arbors line in the $250-400 price range from the 2008 model year.

I dont see much of a point to buying a $500 2009 board when not much has changed at all since last year. Call to some shops you can find within a few hundred miles of you using the dealer locator on arbors site. See if you can snag the board you want for $300 or so, and im sure the shop will ship it to you for $25 or something resonable.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:03 AM   #8 (permalink)
abe_froman

yeah, we have shops, but no one carries arbor here. not sure if you are aware but flagstaff isnt in the desert. town is at 7000', base of the "resort" (az snowbowl) is around 9500' and the top is over 11000' and the bc will take you over 12000'.

im all about picking up an '08 board on the cheap. i mentioned the same thing you did in another thread... the technology doesnt change much from year to year with these decks. i almost grabbed an '08 66 roundhouse off ebay for $305 the other day but the seller wouldnt answer my question about the warranty so i blew it off...

besides, im not convinced i want to step away from never summer just yet. need to get some feedback on arbor durability before i jump ship. i love never summer decks, been riding em for a long time but id like to check something else out.

other then arbor im definitely giving lib mtx some consideration... but have the same concerns.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Tolem

I cant comment on chips along the edges of the board, and hopefully I never will have to. But I can tell you that if someone rides up on your top sheet or if you get a ding on it- its very easy to repair.

Small scratches just buff right out. Whatever they use as a glossy coating is amazing. If its a deeper scratch you can get automotive polish and buff it out.

I haven't done this, but I read that if you get a really deep gouge all the way to the wood or fiberglass, you can sand it down, fill in the gap with layers of clear epoxy stuff designed once again for auto paint, then buff THAT out and it looks just like new.

So their top sheets are top notch in terms of being able to restore any scratches or dings to like new condition.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:57 PM   #10 (permalink)

Personally, I couldn't bring myself to buy a board that isn't rockered at this point. I'm either buying a rockered/reverse cambered NS board this season or waiting to see how things play out for the rest of the industry over the next year or two with this type of newish tech...
radiopayola is offline   Reply With Quote