Snowboard advice - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2013, 09:17 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by killclimbz View Post
With goggles there is not a whole shit ton of difference between cheap ones and expensive ones. Better lens and materials on higher end ones of course. I doubt you'll notice right away. Go with the $30 ones.

Definitely get good fitting boots. That should be the number one priority with your kit. If the boots with that Burton package are a good fit then sure do it. You are probably not going to use them for all that long anyway. New rider, figuring out what you like and all. That is just the reality. They should be fine for one or two seasons depending on how much you go. Just remember your day will be much better with happy feet.
Ok thank you yeah I will look at the boots and make sure I get some that fit
ryangli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2013, 12:25 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryangli View Post
Ok thank u very much will I want to get new bindings as well? And for goggles I was going to go without them but I here that my face will be freezing and they r actually nice would just like a cheeper $30 pair work fine?
Bindings can definitely be used if you want to save some money. You won't have the warranty, but usually the company will help you out if you just have minor problems anyways. Just try to make sure the straps and buckles are in good condition. $30 pair of goggles will be fine for a first pair. I didn't wear goggles at all my first couple seasons and didn't really think much of it. Now after owning goggles, it would be really hard to go back. They keep your face much warmer, block the wind, and the tints for the lenses can be nice if you're using the right ones. I got my pair I have now for $30 with 2 lenses. They were lightly used, but you could hardly even tell. They were a $120 retail too. I think I just got lucky though, don't expect to find a deal like that.
Rookie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:29 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie09 View Post
Bindings can definitely be used if you want to save some money. You won't have the warranty, but usually the company will help you out if you just have minor problems anyways. Just try to make sure the straps and buckles are in good condition. $30 pair of goggles will be fine for a first pair. I didn't wear goggles at all my first couple seasons and didn't really think much of it. Now after owning goggles, it would be really hard to go back. They keep your face much warmer, block the wind, and the tints for the lenses can be nice if you're using the right ones. I got my pair I have now for $30 with 2 lenses. They were lightly used, but you could hardly even tell. They were a $120 retail too. I think I just got lucky though, don't expect to find a deal like that.
Sweet sounds good thank u!
ryangli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:52 PM   #14 (permalink)

All good advice. Just a word of caution on expectations thought.

You sort of asked for a 4x4 monster truck that can crush cars, but it needs to be light weight so it will perform well in the mud, and oh by the way, it should go 200 mph, get there in under 6 seconds and corner like an f1 racer.

Boards are the same as any other method of travel. It will be slow and maneuverable, fast and hug the road, or somewhere in between.

Look at all mountain described boards. If it's park specific, or freeride specific, you probably don't want it. Easier to learn on an all mountain, and many many experienced riders end up on an all mountain board as they daily ride.

Don't agonize per which particular all mountain board you pick. Other than a handful of cheap brands, anyone's middle of the line all mountain will serve well.
kaborkian is offline   Reply With Quote