Help finding right board size - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2008, 06:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Help finding right board size

hey guys, im getting a new board and im having trouble deciding on what the ideal board size would be for me. I am 5'11 and weight 180 lbs. I will do alot of both freestyle and freeriding so I want a balanced boardsize that allows me to do both. Is weight an important factor when deciding board size? or is it strictly based off of height? All last year i rode a 156 but i weighed about 165-170.
kizit00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2008, 07:00 PM   #2 (permalink)

FROM what i hear from these guys WEIGHT means more but im DEFINTALEY no expert this is my first year just going off everything i learned for searching the net for HOURS

Whats your boot size that could help.

Unless your like a size 15 boot the sizing calculator says you should ride a 160.. But then again if your going to be doing lots of tricks you might want smaller maybe a 158

Last edited by MaximoMilkman; 12-11-2008 at 07:03 PM.
MaximoMilkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 08:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizit00 View Post
hey guys, im getting a new board and im having trouble deciding on what the ideal board size would be for me. I am 5'11 and weight 180 lbs. I will do alot of both freestyle and freeriding so I want a balanced boardsize that allows me to do both. Is weight an important factor when deciding board size? or is it strictly based off of height? All last year i rode a 156 but i weighed about 165-170.
If you really need/want a new board, you'll be comfortable with a 158.

That being said, if you feel fine on your 156, you can stay on that.

Weight is the biggest determining factor in snowboard sizing.
What height will affect is your stance width (assuming you are of "normal" proportions), which affects the leverage you put on a board. However, this will only account for maybe around a 2cm difference at most.

GOD IS DONUT

Last edited by legallyillegal; 12-11-2008 at 08:55 PM.
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 01:11 AM   #4 (permalink)

siiick. seems like a 158 is the way to go. thanks for all the input illegal
kizit00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 06:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
steiner

the best way to figure out your board size is to use the following pattern:

how much money you make year + your favorite color * the first car you bought divided by the best song youve heard this year. take that number, add 300 to it and find the square root. Round your answer to the closest whole number (no decimals...they only make things harder). Now if your answer is a prime number, you are screwed and probably shouldnt even get a snowboard because believe me you have bigger problems to worry about. If your number is even, you are in good luck, take your number and forget about it. Go yo your closest snowboard retailer and try a few different board sizes and stances. You can get a ball park of sizes that might best fit you, but in the end it all comes down to your stance and preference. Do what feels right for you, not what someone 500+ miles away tells you.