New (to me) board/ bindings question - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2013, 03:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Mat

Question New (to me) board/ bindings question

Alright, so I just picked up this used burton Jeremy Jones board. although I am not sure which one it is. all I do know is that the base is purple and it has pigs on it. The board came with Burton Mission bindings. The entire board is in great shape. Just wondering if it is a good set up.

Last edited by Mat; 10-25-2013 at 05:10 PM.
Mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2013, 05:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Mat

so after more research it is a 2009 edition 159cm
Old 10-25-2013, 05:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

No one can answer this question as you've made no mention of your riding style, where you ride, or your weight. Appropriately sized, it's a fine setup for it's given purpose. It's on the older side and missions are questionable; so assuming you bought it for a reasonable price, it's fine. The board may have minimal collector value too, if you find the right buyer.

Last edited by bseracka; 10-25-2013 at 05:29 PM.
bseracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Mat

well I don't really have a lot of options on the riding area. I ride all groomed resorts, basically a little of everwhere including the park (not a lot of time spent here). I am 6'2" 190. I do have a 162W but I cant stand it.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If you have a wide board because you need a wide board, it will likely be too narrow for you. It should be great for doing everything with, though not the best option for rails and butters iirc.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Mat

not sure if I need a wide board, based on my foot size technically yes but last season I used my brothers burton 160 that Is not a wide board and loved the hell out of it. guess I will just have to try it, picked it up for 175 so if it doesn't work out I will just cut my losses. Kinda just wanted to know opinions on the board set up
Old 10-25-2013, 06:01 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bseracka View Post
No one can answer this question as you've made no mention of your riding style, where you ride, or your weight. Appropriately sized, it's a fine setup for it's given purpose. It's on the older side and missions are questionable; so assuming you bought it for a reasonable price, it's fine. The board may have minimal collector value too, if you find the right buyer.
Mission bindings are pretty solid. Not sure what's questionable about them. The board seems to be the ride side, so assuming how well the boards style fits your preferences, it's a pretty solid setup. It's a few years old so probably not worth a whole lot of money, but it's not bad. If I were to see it in like a used sports store I'd probably guess it costs a couple hundred for the board + bindings
Rookie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Mat

well they wanted 300 originally for it. the board is in better shape than the brand new one I bought last year (the 162W). I have been educating myself on snowboards, and from what I can tell, in the end it is all your personal preference. Purchasing this board was a gamble but life is a risk
Old 10-25-2013, 06:43 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat View Post
well they wanted 300 originally for it. the board is in better shape than the brand new one I bought last year (the 162W). I have been educating myself on snowboards, and from what I can tell, in the end it is all your personal preference. Purchasing this board was a gamble but life is a risk
$300 isn't bad. You're not getting a deal on it, but if it's in good condition it's not like you're getting ripped off. You probably could've found a better deal somewhere else but then again, finding the best deals take time and effort and you still might have to purchase a couple year old items to stay in your price range. I'm riding a setup that consists of a 2012 K2 Parkstar with 2012 Raiden Zero bindings, both brand new when I bought them last year. I got them for under $250 for both. I know I got lucky on the board ($100 brand new!!!) but I could've found a better deal on the bindings ($140) if I wasn't desperate. I broke my last pair midseason and had to find a replacement quick so I paid about full price for a pair of last year's bindings retailing $210.
Rookie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie09 View Post
Mission bindings are pretty solid. Not sure what's questionable about them. The board seems to be the ride side, so assuming how well the boards style fits your preferences, it's a pretty solid setup. It's a few years old so probably not worth a whole lot of money, but it's not bad. If I were to see it in like a used sports store I'd probably guess it costs a couple hundred for the board + bindings
The 09 missions were nothing special at the time and a major step below the cartels. The current missions are of much higher quality than they used to be.