Snowboard usage - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2008, 09:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
steiner

Default Snowboard usage

How long do people usually keep there boards around here? I wax and resurface 3 times (beginning of each season) so I ride the same board for about 4 years (1 year new + 3 years maintenanced). Just wondering if i "overhaul" my boards compared to the average rider or if im going through boards faster than most.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2008, 09:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

it depends on what you use it for. If you use your board for Freeriding or all mountain riding the board can last for several years if you maintain the base and edges properly and often. If you use your board for park/freestyle it's going to last maybe one season max. If you use your board in the street it's going to get destroyed really fast.

myself I have two, one for freeriding and one for freestyle/park. I don't do much park these days (my old bones cant handle it) But i've had my freeriding board for 3 seasons years now
bakesale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 01:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
olenderc

thats the most ludicrous thing i've ever heard..a board thats ridden in the park definitely lasts longer than a season..i don't know what you've been doing in the park..grinding diamond spiked rails and going off gravel booters?
Old 12-12-2008, 01:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
desklamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by olenderc View Post
thats the most ludicrous thing i've ever heard..a board thats ridden in the park definitely lasts longer than a season..i don't know what you've been doing in the park..grinding diamond spiked rails and going off gravel booters?
Sorry I can just imagine someone trying that in my head...
Old 12-12-2008, 02:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
olenderc

haha something you'd end up seeing on youtube or america's funniest home videos..watch me hit a backside 3 off this gravel booter!
Old 12-12-2008, 09:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I don't ride my board in the park, but mine typically last 4 years. Not that they COULDN'T last longer, but that's when I usually buy a new one. My old Anthem is in great shape and it's an 04. My 07 Design is only used once so far, so I can't speak about that one.
Flick Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
alasdairm

Quote:
Originally Posted by olenderc View Post
thats the most ludicrous thing i've ever heard..a board thats ridden in the park definitely lasts longer than a season..
your generalisation is as ludicrous as his generalisation.

i know guys who ride almost nothing but park and their boards are wrecked after one season. granted i work at a ski resort so i know people who are getting more days than a typical rider but to say "a board thats ridden in the park definitely lasts longer than a season" authoritatively applies to everybody is just as silly.

i've had my current board for about 2 seasons although i rode a lot less last year than in previous years. i think it will be great for another season or two.

alasdair
Old 12-12-2008, 10:42 AM   #8 (permalink)

I've never had a park board last me more than one season. its too easy to destroy your edges on rails
bakesale is offline   Reply With Quote