NS T5 or Rome Anthem? Ride Contraband or K2 Cinch? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2008, 01:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
noSXEcrutch

Default NS T5 or Rome Anthem? Ride Contraband or K2 Cinch?

I just out grew my old set up, but i think im just about done growing, or at least close enough that i won't out grow my gear, so now im finely able to look at some more long term, better quality gear.
I don't want a board that's very specific, i'd like a board that can decently handle powder when i get the chance to mooch a trip off my friend, carve well, and can dabble in the park. So i guess im looking for a free ride board. I've heard great things about both the Never Summer T5 and Rome Anthem, wich one would be more suited towards me? My friend also is raving about the new Ride Contrabands, and at the same time my other friend is telling me to get the K2 cinch (somhow no matter how many times i do it, im always the slowest at strapping in... DAMN THESE HANDS!). im using size nine K2 Raider boa boots, and im 5"7'. Any suggestions/incite?
Excuse the long post and any grammar mistakes please!
Thanks guys.

*EDIT* i weigh 125, yeah imma kinda tiny dude!

Last edited by noSXEcrutch; 12-12-2008 at 01:04 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2008, 01:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

damn im 5'7 160? lol
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 01:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
noSXEcrutch

Oh for the record i know..... nothing... about gear, or sizes or any of that... im a decent rider, somehow that stuff just never sunk in haha. so if im coming off completely clueless its cause i am
Old 12-12-2008, 02:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
noSXEcrutch

Wow... just realized the NS t5 is a gigantor board.... any NEW sudgestions?
Old 12-12-2008, 03:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
noSXEcrutch

Alright now im looking at the rome agent, that seems to make more sense for me. opinions?
Old 12-12-2008, 04:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
Phoenix

Agent good board, personally I would love a pair of contrabands but I am not ready to take the plunge due to the issues I have heard people have with them. No personal experience though and none with the Cinch either Mmmm not much help am I I would go regular binders and make those suckers wait! Contrabands in a few years for me
Old 12-12-2008, 08:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The Agent is the way to go for you from Rome's line. With regards to binders, do yourself a favor and skip the contrabands. First off you are not riding park and jibbing everything in site which is what they're designed for second they are far from perfected and everyone I know who has them has already complained and swtiched back to their regular binders. If you are really looking for a quicker in/out binder I would definitely skip the Cinch's too. They are heavy and don't open wide enough to really get in that much faster. I'd go with something like the Flow NXT-AT for that style or even the K2-Auto has gotten super good reviews from people who ride them
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
noSXEcrutch

the flows are too pricy for me, the autos are interesting though. im still not ready to give up all hope on the controbands, i've heard some very good things about them, they say if you realy take the time to set them up they are great. hmmm i WANT TO but i dont want to
Old 12-12-2008, 12:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

None of the above in bindings, K2 Cinch while interesting are way too heavy, Contraband too many unknowns and negatives about em.. go for the K2 Auto for quick strapping binders... you should be able to get some 2k8's for cheap... oh yea and they are super light.
Jenzo is offline   Reply With Quote