Capita Horrorscope 2014 and Union Contact 2013 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2013, 01:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default Capita Horrorscope 2014 and Union Contact 2013

So I'm buying a brand new setup for this winter. I want to try out a Capita for the first time but I want to hear about the reliability of the board company, I have heard of a few people having quality control issues.

I also want to know if Union has gotten any better with the Toe Straps, and if not what bindings YOU would use with that board? I was considering as a plan B the Rome 390 Boss.

Responses would be great!

CheoSamad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2013, 02:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I've had a Capita Charlie Slasher for a couple of years now with no noteworthy durability issues to talk about. The standard cosmetic bumps and bangs, but that's it. It's taken some pretty good hits and no core shots yet.

I'd love to recommend a Flux binding to you as I'm a big fan of their bindings, but I have no idea what is what with their new naming system.
Old 10-27-2013, 05:04 AM   #3 (permalink)

I have been riding that exact set up you were talking about doing. I have a 2013 145 Capita Horrorscope with Rome 390 Boss and i love it. It took me a few days to get used to since switching over from a K2. Honestly, one of the best purchases ive made.
afuciarelli49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 05:31 AM   #4 (permalink)

since last season, Im going with a capita stairmaster and the union contacts ( the same as in your pic).

the toestrap had some changes since the 9/10 contacts. i think it fits better now. i ride them with some deeluxe rough diamond boots. and i think they made some changes with the strap- and baseplate-sizes, so the boot fits better to the 12/13 contacts than to the 9/10. ( both are L/XL, but i changed the straps on the 9/10 to the M/L Straps)

but i know, that some of my friends had some trouble with other boots in these bindings.

the board is good, it does what it should do. i ride a lot of rails/ boxes, minijibs... so most of the time any of my boards is killed after one season. it has nothing to do with the brand...

Last edited by Mr.Miyagi; 10-27-2013 at 05:38 AM.
Mr.Miyagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
I've had a Capita Charlie Slasher for a couple of years now with no noteworthy durability issues to talk about. The standard cosmetic bumps and bangs, but that's it. It's taken some pretty good hits and no core shots yet.

I'd love to recommend a Flux binding to you as I'm a big fan of their bindings, but I have no idea what is what with their new naming system.
I tried a pair of Flux Bindings before, they were WAY to small and they were L/XL, I ride Nike 6.0 Boots (but considering switching to 32) so the boot already has a big footprint. I'm glad to hear about the quality of the boards though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afuciarelli49 View Post
I have been riding that exact set up you were talking about doing. I have a 2013 145 Capita Horrorscope with Rome 390 Boss and i love it. It took me a few days to get used to since switching over from a K2. Honestly, one of the best purchases ive made.
How do you like the 390 Boss? I see 1000 kids riding the Horroscope but not that many with Rome bindings but I've heard good things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Miyagi View Post
since last season, Im going with a capita stairmaster and the union contacts ( the same as in your pic).

the toestrap had some changes since the 9/10 contacts. i think it fits better now. i ride them with some deeluxe rough diamond boots. and i think they made some changes with the strap- and baseplate-sizes, so the boot fits better to the 12/13 contacts than to the 9/10. ( both are L/XL, but i changed the straps on the 9/10 to the M/L Straps)

but i know, that some of my friends had some trouble with other boots in these bindings.

the board is good, it does what it should do. i ride a lot of rails/ boxes, minijibs... so most of the time any of my boards is killed after one season. it has nothing to do with the brand...
I had the 2012 Contact (the Rasta ones) and the toe straps would slip up on my Nike Boots and the pictures I have looked at don't seem to indicate a change in the strap so I was curios. I'm gravitation toward the 390 Boss in that respect.

CheoSamad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:06 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
How do you like the 390 Boss? I see 1000 kids riding the Horroscope but not that many with Rome bindings but I've heard good things.
I love these bindings because they have the "cant" system which is easier on my legs. Plus they give me full control of my board while being flexiable enough to hit rails and butter.. I had the set up while i was in korea, and buttering was a big deal there. i was able to bomb runs with the best of em, while messing around at the same time.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:25 AM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

The 390 are a great binding but they are quite a bit heavier than the unions. The union factory bindings this year have 2.5 canting. They are like half the weight too. We just got a pair and they are f'n awesome. The contact pro bindings are amazing too but no cant....
Argo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:28 AM   #8 (permalink)

the 390s come with interchangable pads to give u a different "cant" as well... just adding in some info
Old 10-27-2013, 09:33 AM   #9 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by afuciarelli49 View Post
the 390s come with interchangable pads to give u a different "cant" as well... just adding in some info

I THINK ours, I had 2 pairs of them, came with 0, 2.5, 3.5.

I stopped using them when we found unions(sons) and the new flows(mine) and actually gave these away last season/summer. This year I'm gonna use the contact pros on my powder board.
Argo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:40 AM   #10 (permalink)

did u ride park at all with your flows? i had a buddy interested in getting them and is looking for a all around kinda binding.