atomic axum vs. k2 www - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2008, 01:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
dlee427

Default atomic axum vs. k2 www

i made a thread earlier and someone suggested i look into the atomic hatchet. I did, but i couldn't find any used. instead I found an atomic axum and a k2 www.

What are the main differences in the boards? From what I've heard, the axum is an upgraded "brother" of the hatchet and the k2 www is a noodle.

I'm looking into learning to butter, jip, ride switch and stuff but also stick to some mountain riding I do now.

Any advice??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2008, 06:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Weapon. The longer effective edge really makes a difference for all mountain riding

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 07:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
jonnydanger

I have a hatchet and love it, but from everything I've heard the WWW is a pretty sweet park board.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
steiner

id say stay away from k2 snowboards, well at least i am biased. ive only owned palmer myself but 2 of my friends k2 boards got completely wrecked in the first 2 seasons they owned it. one the rail came loose halfway down the mountain and the other the deck started splintering on the edges. i never saw them be too abusive to the boards
Old 12-12-2008, 08:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by steiner View Post
ive only owned palmer myself

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 09:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'd be very interested to know when these K2 boards were from. K2 really didn't make good boards 5-6 years ago, but as of now they're making some of the best and most durable on the market. My buddy has a 4 year old weapon that he rode 100+ days 2 years in a row on, then I rode it last year and the thing was in rediculous good condition and still had pop.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Sick-Gnar

you should get the www. and by www i mean the www reverse camber. the way of the future.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
dlee427

Sweet. Thanks for the tips. I always thought the WWW was a noodle that doesnt ride all mountain too well from what I heard but I guess im wrong. What's a reverse camber btw?

Does anyone have any personal experience with the atomic axum though? or a comparison to the hatchet?
Old 12-13-2008, 06:40 AM   #9 (permalink)
steiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
I'd be very interested to know when these K2 boards were from. K2 really didn't make good boards 5-6 years ago, but as of now they're making some of the best and most durable on the market. My buddy has a 4 year old weapon that he rode 100+ days 2 years in a row on, then I rode it last year and the thing was in rediculous good condition and still had pop.
yeah its been at least 5 years ago. i know k2 has a much better name in the snowboarding market now, but i dont think you can blame me for still having a bad taste in my mouth for k2 after watching 2 boards fall apart in less than 2 seasons. now skiing, k2 is the shit!
Old 12-13-2008, 08:46 AM   #10 (permalink)
Sick-Gnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlee427 View Post
Sweet. Thanks for the tips. I always thought the WWW was a noodle that doesnt ride all mountain too well from what I heard but I guess im wrong. What's a reverse camber btw?

Does anyone have any personal experience with the atomic axum though? or a comparison to the hatchet?
reverse camber is the reverse of your standard board. its also called rocker technology.

essentially what it is, is the reverse of a standard camber snowboard. a standard board is built so the contact points of your edges on the nose and tail touches the ground and the middle pops up a little bit. a reverse camber when set flat on the ground, will have the nose and the tail off the ground while the middle touches.

This makes it virtually impossible to catch an edge on rails and at the same time allows you to shred up the mountain.

i haven't heard anything good or bad about the k2 tech. but i know it is offered and everyone trying the reverse camber tech is really loving it.