User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 01:56 PM
gixxerdk

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Roof rack question

I have a roof rack on my 4runner (it came with the car). How would I go abouts to tie down 3 snowboards? What is the proper way to tie a snowboard onto a rack? Like bindings facing down or up or on its side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 02:04 PM
DenBank

you have to buy ski or snowboard holders that go on the roof rack. Otherwise it is not good idea just to tie a board
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 02:11 PM
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Yeah, you need to get a aftermarket rack made for carrying Snowboards and skis. Thule or Yakima should make a carrier that works for you. I recommend a 4 board/6 ski carrier. Rackattack should be able to help you find what you need to put one on.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 02:15 PM
gixxerdk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenBank View Post
you have to buy ski or snowboard holders that go on the roof rack. Otherwise it is not good idea just to tie a board
My boards are almost 6 years old, I do not care for the condition of them. Is it not a good idea for the cars sake or for the snowboard?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 02:17 PM
gixxerdk

Quote:
Originally Posted by killclimbz View Post
Yeah, you need to get a aftermarket rack made for carrying Snowboards and skis. Thule or Yakima should make a carrier that works for you. I recommend a 4 board/6 ski carrier. Rackattack should be able to help you find what you need to put one on.
Thing is I'm leaving tonight so I wont have time to buy those for this trip. I will keep this in mind for my january trip.

I was hoping I could buy some tie downs from walmart and just strap them in. If anything i guess I'll put them inside lol.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode