Replacing Burton Speed Zone Laces: Is it Possible? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 06:16 PM
[ben]

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Replacing Burton Speed Zone Laces: Is it Possible?

I've got some '07 Burton Ions with Speed Zone lacing.
The "Lower Zone" lace is the one that needs replacing, but I can't figure out how the hell I'm supposed to push a lace through a tube that has an ID that is nearly equal to the OD of the lace. Perhaps this is a clever plot created by Burton to get customers to depend on some sort of "re-lacing service"... F**k Burton.

Anywho, is there a way to get a lace through those narrow tubes?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 06:27 PM
Tolem

My friend had his Ion lacing replaced by burton for free.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 06:34 PM
Gromit

Hi Ben

I had a pair of Burton Rulers with the same upper and lower speed zone lacing system. Seemed like a cool idea when I bought them but after 3 days of use the laces started fraying and I asked myself the same question. Once you have problems how are you suppose to put new laces into the boot? Well done Burton for being user friendly! However I did send them back to be repaired and after being lost and then left with Burton for the best part of 6 months they were fixed for free. Free so I guess I can't moan after all.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 06:49 PM
[ben]

Hmmm.. Well I just got the brilliant idea to use some fishing line to pull it through!
D'oh!

Last edited by [ben]; 12-12-2008 at 07:00 PM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 07:24 PM
pci_lifestyle

If you can find a lace like that you could you something solid but flexible that would pass through, then attach it to the lace and drag the lace in by pulling the helper out; like the fishing line idea. But I think that's too much anyway.

I just got the SL-10 so judging by the lace, if you get the same lace you could burn the tip to make it stay togheter, it's sintetic afterall, be sure to burn it and still make a plastic tip that could pass easy through the hole. After that push it in. According to the laws of physics it should go in and slide in that small pipe. Tell me how well did it go.

A

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode