Used LIB Travis Rice Pro 2009, good buy? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2013, 01:51 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Used LIB Travis Rice Pro 2009, good buy?

Right, so this guy is selling this lib for $100 bucks. I attached 3 photos of it.

He says he's been riding it for a few seasons and it's been a great board. He says he's selling it because he bought two new boards with his pfd (I live in Alaska).

As far as the board's condition goes, he says the topsheet is pretty dinged up (mostly the tip and tail), but that it's cosmetic. I'm wondering about that tail pic though, looks like you can see the wood. You think it's repairable, or don't worry about it? I have some fiberglass repair epoxy that you use on body panels on cars, boats, etc. Maybe patch it with that? Anyway, he says the base is good too, though he did tell me it had a decent gouge in the base that was repaired (that's what that black part is). He's rode on it for two seasons like that and says it rode fine. He's told me that the inserts are good and the edge is fine.

Now, he's like a two + hour drive from me, but most boards are anyway lol. Anyway, do you guys have any tips for me when I go in for a visual examination? I don't know much about buying used boards, and just recently even learned about buying new boards, haha! I've usually just kind of got them lol. So let me know of literally anything to look for that would make this a bad buy/no go. Let me know if this is a no go right now, actually. I don't know how much of what he said was just salesmanship, and I don't want to drive for a few hours for nothing, haha.

I'm not worried about having a super amazing board, I'm just looking for something that'll last the season and provide a decent ride. I'll probably get two full days in at Alyeska, and maybe one or two more at Hilltop.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LIB board 1.jpg (27.0 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg LIB Board 2.jpg (31.3 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg LIB Board 3.jpg (33.9 KB, 51 views)
ImplicitWeevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2013, 02:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImplicitWeevil View Post
Right, so this guy is selling this lib for $100 bucks. I attached 3 photos of it.

He says he's been riding it for a few seasons and it's been a great board. He says he's selling it because he bought two new boards with his pfd (I live in Alaska).

As far as the board's condition goes, he says the topsheet is pretty dinged up (mostly the tip and tail), but that it's cosmetic. I'm wondering about that tail pic though, looks like you can see the wood. You think it's repairable, or don't worry about it? I have some fiberglass repair epoxy that you use on body panels on cars, boats, etc. Maybe patch it with that? Anyway, he says the base is good too, though he did tell me it had a decent gouge in the base that was repaired (that's what that black part is). He's rode on it for two seasons like that and says it rode fine. He's told me that the inserts are good and the edge is fine.

Now, he's like a two + hour drive from me, but most boards are anyway lol. Anyway, do you guys have any tips for me when I go in for a visual examination? I don't know much about buying used boards, and just recently even learned about buying new boards, haha! I've usually just kind of got them lol. So let me know of literally anything to look for that would make this a bad buy/no go. Let me know if this is a no go right now, actually. I don't know how much of what he said was just salesmanship, and I don't want to drive for a few hours for nothing, haha.

I'm not worried about having a super amazing board, I'm just looking for something that'll last the season and provide a decent ride. I'll probably get two full days in at Alyeska, and maybe one or two more at Hilltop.

In my experience Lib Tech top sheets chip really easy. From what I can see that is nothing to be concerned about, probably just skiers kicking the tail in the lift lines. For $100, buy it, I would.
ridinbend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:12 AM   #3 (permalink)

Huh, interesting that they chip easy. Okay, thanks for the feedback. I don't really know what's acceptable, other than some of the obvious things, so it's all important to me. There's a good chance I'll get it, unless people here overwhelmingly tell me not to, or if something said here as a no go showed up on the board. Haha, fair enough.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Looks fine to me. For $100, it's not a bad deal at all.
It never gets old, if you're in it for the passion, and not the fashion
NWBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

Haha, thanks for your feedback guys! Got it yesterday. It seems like it's in good condition, the only place I'm even close to worrying about is where it was repaired. Most of the repair is flat except a tiny bit where it feels like it might have settled differently.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

$100 is a pretty good deal. I'd ask for a better picture of the ding on the tail before making the drive though.
LuckyRVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:01 PM   #7 (permalink)

I rode last years T. rice for 30+ and I loved it. That's a good deal for a $550 board.
jcam1981 is offline   Reply With Quote