User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 08:23 PM
TeriyakiTerror

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
detune btx

for those of u with banana traction boards, i was wondering how many of u detune ur boards even if ur not a park rat. did ur board feel too grabby before? please share ur experiences.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 08:29 PM
SublimE

i believe every btx board is reverse camber. and i see no benefits of detuning your board. and they don't have continuous metal edges so its kinda hard to.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 11:05 PM
t-tung

Magnatraction

yes it did feel too "grabby" towards the nose and tail on icey stuff. i could feel it grab and spin me around resulting in me on my back. i just detuned the last 4-5" or so from the end of the metal edge. problem solved.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 11:21 PM
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SublimE View Post
i believe every btx board is reverse camber. and i see no benefits of detuning your board. and they don't have continuous metal edges so its kinda hard to.
it does have a continous metal edge when you ride because it flexes when you stand on it. The RC does not stay that way when its being ridden.

edit: sorry misunderstood. I wrap a panzer file in teflon tape and push it at a 45 degree angle in lengthwise mentions.

Last edited by RidePowder; 12-13-2008 at 11:24 PM.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 11:48 PM
SublimE

not all of it does though. other wise what would the difference be from a regular camber?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-14-2008, 12:30 AM
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
it has different flex points, and it reacts and unloads its weight differently than a regular camber board. and yes it is just about completely flat when you rid it. Some board are softer different places, this just changes the pattern. Kinda like magnets, reverse polarity is still polarity. its still a magnet
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-14-2008, 01:13 AM
code15

mine doesn't feel catchy at all, i have never detuned it
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-14-2008, 11:26 AM
Sick-Gnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidePowder View Post
it has different flex points, and it reacts and unloads its weight differently than a regular camber board. and yes it is just about completely flat when you rid it. Some board are softer different places, this just changes the pattern. Kinda like magnets, reverse polarity is still polarity. its still a magnet
i think sublimes talking about the fact that the edges stop its not full wrap on the skate banna or any mervin board.

i really dont know about detuning the edges though. i thought that the great thing about reverse camber was that you shouldent ever catch your edges on rails and park stuff.

i think grabby spots happen with all kinds of boards and you just use a standard file like you would on any other board.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-14-2008, 03:29 PM
TeriyakiTerror

say i were to detune my edges, wud i use something like Toko World Cup File Chrome M - 150 mm from Dogfunk.com or this Toko Universal Edge Grinder from Dogfunk.com
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-14-2008, 04:02 PM
Sick-Gnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeriyakiTerror View Post
you should justsave your money and go to sears and buy a bastard cut file. its the same thing.

if you like ordering from the internet i would recommended the file over the stone.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode