detune btx - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2008, 08:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
TeriyakiTerror

Default detune btx

for those of u with banana traction boards, i was wondering how many of u detune ur boards even if ur not a park rat. did ur board feel too grabby before? please share ur experiences.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2008, 08:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
SublimE

i believe every btx board is reverse camber. and i see no benefits of detuning your board. and they don't have continuous metal edges so its kinda hard to.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
t-tung

Default Magnatraction

yes it did feel too "grabby" towards the nose and tail on icey stuff. i could feel it grab and spin me around resulting in me on my back. i just detuned the last 4-5" or so from the end of the metal edge. problem solved.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SublimE View Post
i believe every btx board is reverse camber. and i see no benefits of detuning your board. and they don't have continuous metal edges so its kinda hard to.
it does have a continous metal edge when you ride because it flexes when you stand on it. The RC does not stay that way when its being ridden.

edit: sorry misunderstood. I wrap a panzer file in teflon tape and push it at a 45 degree angle in lengthwise mentions.

Last edited by RidePowder; 12-13-2008 at 11:24 PM.
RidePowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 11:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
SublimE

not all of it does though. other wise what would the difference be from a regular camber?
Old 12-14-2008, 12:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

it has different flex points, and it reacts and unloads its weight differently than a regular camber board. and yes it is just about completely flat when you rid it. Some board are softer different places, this just changes the pattern. Kinda like magnets, reverse polarity is still polarity. its still a magnet
RidePowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 01:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
code15

mine doesn't feel catchy at all, i have never detuned it
Old 12-14-2008, 11:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
Sick-Gnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidePowder View Post
it has different flex points, and it reacts and unloads its weight differently than a regular camber board. and yes it is just about completely flat when you rid it. Some board are softer different places, this just changes the pattern. Kinda like magnets, reverse polarity is still polarity. its still a magnet
i think sublimes talking about the fact that the edges stop its not full wrap on the skate banna or any mervin board.

i really dont know about detuning the edges though. i thought that the great thing about reverse camber was that you shouldent ever catch your edges on rails and park stuff.

i think grabby spots happen with all kinds of boards and you just use a standard file like you would on any other board.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
TeriyakiTerror

say i were to detune my edges, wud i use something like Toko World Cup File Chrome M - 150 mm from Dogfunk.com or this Toko Universal Edge Grinder from Dogfunk.com
Old 12-14-2008, 04:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Sick-Gnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeriyakiTerror View Post
you should justsave your money and go to sears and buy a bastard cut file. its the same thing.

if you like ordering from the internet i would recommended the file over the stone.