Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boots (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boots/)
-   -   Burton Shrinkage tech = Complete bullshit (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boots/117969-burton-shrinkage-tech-complete-bullshit.html)

SilverSurfer 01-08-2014 08:26 AM

Burton Shrinkage tech = Complete bullshit
 
I have a pair of 2008 Burton Sabbaths size 13 that I bought 2 years ago on sale, this year I picked up a pair of 2014 Burton Rovers with “shrinkage tech”. The two boots are exactly the same length.

Zone 01-08-2014 08:30 AM

The shrinkage tech doesn't effect the actual foot size, but the footprint. This way you catch less edge while carving.

SilverSurfer 01-08-2014 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zone (Post 1412873)
The shrinkage tech doesn't effect the actual foot size, but the footprint. This way you catch less edge while carving.

If I put the boots sole to sole they are exactly the same. They both start turning up at the toe in the exact same place. The "footprint" is the same.

Zone 01-08-2014 09:16 AM

I have two different burton's, one with shrinkage tech and one without. I do notice there is about 10/12ths of an inch difference of the same size

SilverSurfer 01-08-2014 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zone (Post 1412985)
I have two different burton's, one with shrinkage tech and one without. I do notice there is about 10/12ths of an inch difference of the same size

First off, I have never heard of any one breaking down an inch into 12th's. It should be 16th's. And you would never use 10/16th's it would be 5/8th's. So, from your horrible example I would not trust you to use any kind of measuring equipment.

mojo maestro 01-08-2014 09:33 AM

Nobody likes shrinkage.............bigger is better.

trapper 01-08-2014 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSurfer (Post 1412857)
I have a pair of 2008 Burton Sabbaths size 13 that I bought 2 years ago on sale, this year I picked up a pair of 2014 Burton Rovers with “shrinkage tech”. The two boots are exactly the same length.

I understand that they are both labeled at size 13 US boots, but I'm curious, are the mondo/Japan sizes listed on the boots the same?

Flylo 01-08-2014 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSurfer (Post 1413025)
First off, I have never heard of any one breaking down an inch into 12th's. It should be 16th's. And you would never use 10/16th's it would be 5/8th's. So, from your horrible example I would not trust you to use any kind of measuring equipment.

LOL. Well you still understand what Zone is saying don't you? Yes... it's a little smaller :eusa_clap:

Who gives a shit if he's using correct fractions or not.

Karpediem 01-08-2014 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSurfer (Post 1412857)
I have a pair of 2008 Burton Sabbaths size 13 that I bought 2 years ago on sale, this year I picked up a pair of 2014 Burton Rovers with “shrinkage tech”. The two boots are exactly the same length.

I noticed this too when comparing my old boots with new ones that had this great tech. I guess even if it's 1mm smaller they can say it's a smaller footprint. Still I would hope your 2014 boots are at least lighter than your 2008 boots.

trapper 01-08-2014 09:47 AM

The vast difference in model years is what prompted me to wonder about the mondo sizing. I just wonder if their sizing chart changed since then. I am highly suspect of their charts considering a recent conversation I had on here with Wiredsport. My 09 Burton Boots are listed as a size 15 US, but 31.5 mondo. If you look on a Brannock device, 31.5 is actually more like a size 13 US, which tends to be more along my actual shoe/foot size (I wear 13 wides or 14 regular if I can't find a wide sizing).

Basically, I just wonder if he's comparing apples to apples considering that Burton's boot sizing seems odd to me in general.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2