Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boots (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boots/)
-   -   Size 13.5 feet in 12 boot fitter thinks it can be done, what's your take? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boots/118777-size-13-5-feet-12-boot.html)

Klang180 01-11-2014 12:49 PM

Size 13.5 feet in 12 boot fitter thinks it can be done, what's your take?
 
So i have been doing this whole new boot thing properly and tried on a fair few pairs. I actually bought the Ride Lasso in US13 but after wearing them for a few hours at home i felt the width was just not up to it.

I have tried Burton, Vans, Ride and 32 and that is all i can find in 13 in Whistler at the moment. I will try the rest of the places latter today perhaps but one place has given me a bit of a dilemma.

Basically i went in to the shop and was measured up. Finding i was a wide 13.5 the fitter put me into 32 TM Two size 12s with some superfeet and molding. They were pretty much as tight as can be without my toes curling up but they were just too tight for comfort.

My question is though, this shop has a boot fit guarantee that says that if i don;t like them even after riding them they will do all they can to get them to fit, even ordering another size. The boot fitter assures me that not only do 32s get a size bigger but that all boots can be stretched but can never be shrunk.

My question is, should i just walk away and accept i will never get into boots 1.5 sizes too small or should i believe this guy who is so confident he can get them to fit? Is it dangerous to have boots that are too tight not just for the feet but ankles too?

Anyone know or have a similar experience i really don't know what to do.

At the moment the best bet are some very tight but prone to stretch Vans Auras but i have them in 14 (thought i was that size and bought them online - mistake) and i am not overly impressed.

So long story short can i trust this boot fitter or is he spinning me a line?

Ten 01-11-2014 01:02 PM

If they are 'too tight for comfort' your answer is there already. Sure boots pack out a bit but you want them comfortable from the outset.

ten

ICary 01-11-2014 02:22 PM

IMO and boot fitting everyday, a boot will pack out. Some more than others. I measure a 13 and wear size 12 they packed out to about the linear of the size 13. If the boot fitter put you in a footbed, in my eyes it helps your arch support and actually shrinks in size so that would "idealy" make you a size 13 with a footbed. Depending if it packs out you should be good. I would not go 14 thou.

Klang180 01-11-2014 04:19 PM

Thanks for your feedback.

Ten i don;t think you're right, a boot needs to be very snug to begin with as they definitely pack out and you don't want to end up with two cushions on your feet, which is what i have now with my size 14 that have packed out.

ICary, thanks for the info. I would never go for a size 14 that is for sure but in your opinion can i trust this guy to put me into a 12? I feel he might have been trying to put me in their biggest size in stock but then they do have a guarantee that you are happy with the fit so he does have to back it up at least partially. They just felt so damn tight! Also are you saying the footbed makes you a size smaller or a size bigger i didn't understand?

ICary 01-11-2014 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klang180 (Post 1425809)
Thanks for your feedback.

Ten i don;t think you're right, a boot needs to be very snug to begin with as they definitely pack out and you don't want to end up with two cushions on your feet, which is what i have now with my size 14 that have packed out.

ICary, thanks for the info. I would never go for a size 14 that is for sure but in your opinion can i trust this guy to put me into a 12? I feel he might have been trying to put me in their biggest size in stock but then they do have a guarantee that you are happy with the fit so he does have to back it up at least partially. They just felt so damn tight! Also are you saying the footbed makes you a size smaller or a size bigger i didn't understand?

We have a the same guarantee at my shop. Double check before you buy. A proper footbed (we use A-Lines) will bring your foot from a flat position to an arch position which is there for bringing your toes in making your foot a 1/2 to full size smaller. Ideally your foot should feel like a firm handshake. Standing straight up toes should be touching the front (not curled thou) when knees flex (your heel moves back) moving your toes away from the linear giving them just enough space that you can wiggle them a little. Also make sure you have on your snowboard socks and there is nothing in your boot besides your foot and that.

I hope I helped, this is just the info I know. Please to the veterans out there correct my mistakes.

Ten 01-11-2014 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klang180 (Post 1425809)
Thanks for your feedback.

Ten i don;t think you're right, a boot needs to be very snug to begin with as they definitely pack out

Snug yea, but not to tight to be comfortable??? youll might get aches and pains....Id want them comfortable from the get go. Anyhow if you can take them back give it a go and see what happens, be interesting to know how it goes for you.

ten

timmytard 01-11-2014 11:33 PM

I think it can be done. I had Burton Grails 1 size to small, it was all they had.

They were way too tight @ first, I thought I might have gone too small.

Had them heat molded twice & they were a little uncomfy for the first couple days.

In the end they were wicked, they couldn't pack out anymore, so they never got sloppy.

Now I try to fit boots like that. too tight @ first, uncomfortably tight.





I had a boot fitter put Superfeet in a pair of boots that I was trying to return because they were too small.

It worked, to my surprise:yahoo:


TT

Tatanka Head 01-13-2014 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klang180 (Post 1425473)
So i have been doing this whole new boot thing properly and tried on a fair few pairs. I actually bought the Ride Lasso in US13 but after wearing them for a few hours at home i felt the width was just not up to it.

I want to know more about the Ride Lasso boots. Did you find them snug? I'm a solid 13. Mondo 31 in most boots. That is rubbing toes and fine on the bend. I cant find Ride Lassos here in Switzerland in my size. Or even close. I live in the land of the little feet. EU46 is the most common cut off for boot orders here in shops. I'm looking for a little insight on the Lasso's, professional or not. And not the product description or specs from the website!

ICary 01-13-2014 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tatanka Head (Post 1430769)
I want to know more about the Ride Lasso boots. Did you find them snug? I'm a solid 13. Mondo 31 in most boots. That is rubbing toes and fine on the bend. I cant find Ride Lassos here in Switzerland in my size. Or even close. I live in the land of the little feet. EU46 is the most common cut off for boot orders here in shops. I'm looking for a little insight on the Lasso's, professional or not. And not the product description or specs from the website!

I'm rocking the lassos this year. 100 love them. I don't get heel lift at all what's so ever. Super super comfy. They pack out, like most boots. Not the stiffest boot not the softest. Only downfall for me was that I really liked the hy-Phy construction in the hy-Phy but it was a tad to stuff for my liking. Only saying this because the boot torn a little bit on the side, but I have about 15 whole days on them and I'm really ruff.



Not a major tear just cosmetics.

Tatanka Head 01-13-2014 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ICary (Post 1431033)
I'm rocking the lassos this year. 100 love them. I don't get heel lift at all what's so ever. Super super comfy. They pack out, like most boots. Not the stiffest boot not the softest. Only downfall for me was that I really liked the hy-Phy construction in the hy-Phy but it was a tad to stuff for my liking. Only saying this because the boot torn a little bit on the side, but I have about 15 whole days on them and I'm really ruff.



Not a major tear just cosmetics.

I wish you would have said that they sucked and you set them on fire. I'm not sure why (perhaps their advertising agents deserve a bonus), but I'm kind of hell bent on getting a pair. This would be the only pair of boots I've bought without first stepping into them. Which is risky, but my foot isn't picky. How do they size compare to other boots? Do they run small? About right? Large? Thanks for your words! I've been anticipating rider reviews.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2