Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boots (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boots/)
-   -   Problem with my snowboarding boots (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boots/130657-problem-my-snowboarding-boots.html)

byebyebyezzz 02-24-2014 07:05 PM

Problem with my snowboarding boots
 
My shoes size is 9 and I used to wear size 10 snowboarding boots before.

Recently, I took people advice and bought a size 9 boots. They fit pretty nicely. However, when I use them for more than 10 mins, I start to feel a lot of tension at the bottom of my feet. It feels like the skins at the bottom of my feet are gonna tear apart.

Is this normal? or should I get a bigger size?

Varza 02-24-2014 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by byebyebyezzz (Post 1568361)
My shoes size is 9 and I used to wear size 10 snowboarding boots before.

Recently, I took people advice and bought a size 9 boots. They fit pretty nicely. However, when I use them for more than 10 mins, I start to feel a lot of tension at the bottom of my feet. It feels like the skins at the bottom of my feet are gonna tear apart.

Is this normal? or should I get a bigger size?

What does it mean "they fit pretty nicely"? If your feet aren't getting squished in the boots, I'd say try some insoles, might help your problem.

I used to feel the soles of my feet go numb after a while (weird feeling, hard to describe). Got new boots and aftermarket insoles recently (Remind) and that all went away...

byebyebyezzz 02-24-2014 07:37 PM

They're just fit. I'm pretty comfortable walking around with them on. It's not tight. I can still feel a lil gap inside the boots.

It's just when I ride with them, especially when I tried to do jumps, the bottom of my feet just doesn't feel right. It feels like the muscles at the bottom of my feet are being pull to both side. I never felt anything like that on my size 10 boots

slyder 02-24-2014 07:38 PM

Just cuz they are size 9 doesn't mean they fit Even if you changed size they could be to small and causing cramping and cutting circulation to your feet causing the tingling, peeling skin feeling.
Each brand fits and is sized a little different. My sz 10 K2's fit great, I cant even get my foot into a Burton sz 10

Did you buy online or try many brands on at a store then bought from said store?

Did you feel and visually inspect the insoles to make sure there isn't any debris or something stuck on them, IE: sticking your feet

ksup3erb 02-24-2014 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by byebyebyezzz (Post 1568441)
They're just fit. I'm pretty comfortable walking around with them on. It's not tight. I can still feel a lil gap inside the boots.

It's just when I ride with them, especially when I tried to do jumps, the bottom of my feet just doesn't feel right. It feels like the muscles at the bottom of my feet are being pull to both side. I never felt anything like that on my size 10 boots

Your feet are probably swelling, which is normal with bloodflow/activity, but once swollen your boot is too small.

You can try aftermarket insoles but this does not sound normal.

byebyebyezzz 02-24-2014 07:47 PM

I was told that snowboard boots have to be tight enough so your heels don't lift up inside the boots. I went to store and tried them. I walk around with them on and they feels very comfortable. It's just when I snowboard >< Especially when I am on my toe edges, it gets worse

zk0ot 02-24-2014 07:47 PM

Why don't you get sized for boots??

byebyebyezzz 02-24-2014 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zk0ot (Post 1568505)
Why don't you get sized for boots??

I went to store and try them on. I tried size 9 and 9.5. 9 was good. 9.5 is a bit too loose. I was still able to lift my heels up inside the boots.

speedjason 02-24-2014 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by byebyebyezzz (Post 1568513)
I went to store and try them on. I tried size 9 and 9.5. 9 was good. 9.5 is a bit too loose. I was still able to lift my heels up inside the boots.

did you try with proper socks on and properly fastened?

Varza 02-24-2014 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksup3erb (Post 1568465)
Your feet are probably swelling, which is normal with bloodflow/activity, but once swollen your boot is too small.

You can try aftermarket insoles but this does not sound normal.

Hence why I said "maybe". It definitely sounds like a boot fitting issue.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2