Best boots to use with Flow bindings? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2014, 12:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Ravaging Rami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 37
Question Best boots to use with Flow bindings?

Last season, I wore a pair of 2012 DC Rogans with my NXT-AT 2012's. Horrible combination, bad boot/binding fit. Anyways, I'm looking to purchase another pair of boots for the remainder of this season and for seasons to come. Does anyone have any experience with flows and what boots or boot manufacturer work best for them? DC and Flow don't mix well. Just to clarify, I do like the bindings, but I am looking for different boots so go ahead and give me flak for riding flows if you want
Ravaging Rami is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-12-2014, 12:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
larrytbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 324
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravaging Rami View Post
Last season, I wore a pair of 2012 DC Rogans with my NXT-AT 2012's. Horrible combination, bad boot/binding fit. Anyways, I'm looking to purchase another pair of boots for the remainder of this season and for seasons to come. Does anyone have any experience with flows and what boots or boot manufacturer work best for them? DC and Flow don't mix well. Just to clarify, I do like the bindings, but I am looking for different boots so go ahead and give me flak for riding flows if you want
sorry to be captain obvious, but flow boots pair well with flow bindings

I have the hylite focus boots with the nx2-se bindings. they pair well
flow has a large variety of boots
larrytbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Ravaging Rami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrytbull View Post
sorry to be captain obvious, but flow boots pair well with flow bindings

I have the hylite focus boots with the nx2-se bindings. they pair well
flow has a large variety of boots
Yeah I kind of figured! Have you had any issues with the BOA lacing system on them? Also, how much of a difference does the bare-foot technology make with those?
Ravaging Rami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 10
Default

I also have a question re boot bindings combinations, anyone have union factory bindings? What boots pair well with these?
Wombat23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
larrytbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 324
Blog Entries: 2
Default

the boa lacing system i had an issue with qc on that. the side spooler unwound (laces did not break) the wire was just not set in the winder right. it took about 5 minutes to fix, but I wan not happy i had to do so.

The BFT... is Meh The insoles are better than the ones from my burton, but far inferiror to my reminds. I pulled them and put reminds in. The fit is a bit on the large side (good for me i have a wide foot) I wear 10 in flow 10.5 in burton.
The Liner for the boot is super comfortable, and it has a speed tab to pull the laces on the liner loose to help get feet out easily.

These are super comfortable boots
larrytbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Ravaging Rami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat23 View Post
I also have a question re boot bindings combinations, anyone have union factory bindings? What boots pair well with these?
Go to forums and click new thread. No one is going to come here over union bindings since the title is flow. Good post, just wrong place!
Ravaging Rami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Ravaging Rami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrytbull View Post
the boa lacing system i had an issue with qc on that. the side spooler unwound (laces did not break) the wire was just not set in the winder right. it took about 5 minutes to fix, but I wan not happy i had to do so.

The BFT... is Meh The insoles are better than the ones from my burton, but far inferiror to my reminds. I pulled them and put reminds in. The fit is a bit on the large side (good for me i have a wide foot) I wear 10 in flow 10.5 in burton.
The Liner for the boot is super comfortable, and it has a speed tab to pull the laces on the liner loose to help get feet out easily.

These are super comfortable boots
I've had a few friends with the cables breaking. I may just stay with regular laces. I was looking at burton Ions, but I haven't heard too many good or bad things about flows. I guess I'll have to try them on sometime and compare.
Ravaging Rami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
larrytbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 324
Blog Entries: 2
Default

To be clear laces did not break they just unwound
larrytbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Ravaging Rami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrytbull View Post
To be clear laces did not break they just unwound
Okay thanks!
Ravaging Rami is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums