Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boots (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boots/)
-   -   Boots for Narrow heel/ankle (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boots/137881-boots-narrow-heel-ankle.html)

Goron24 04-08-2014 04:10 PM

Boots for Narrow heel/ankle
 
I am looking into the possibility of getting new boots due to my current ones experiencing a large amount of heel lift. I have really tiny heels and ankles for a male and this seems to not be helping the issue. I tried a pair of Nike zoom force 1s (size 9) and I couldnt move my heel at all, however my feet were a tad squished and I think a 9.5 (my current burton hails boot size) would fit perfectly. However I can no longer find any 9.5 Nike zoom force 1s in Canada.

Can someone recommend me a good boot that fits people with narrow heels/ankles?

td.1000 04-08-2014 04:15 PM

exactly how squished were your feet in the 9s? "a tad" might be exactly the amount by which they will pack out, after which they will fit like a glove

Goron24 04-08-2014 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by td.1000 (Post 1670521)
exactly how squished were your feet in the 9s? "a tad" might be exactly the amount by which they will pack out, after which they will fit like a glove

its definitely not a huge amount. I am just worried that it might not pack out enough.

ThredJack 04-08-2014 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goron24 (Post 1670593)
its definitely not a huge amount. I am just worried that it might not pack out enough.

I don't know, it sounds like the 9's might be a good fit to me. Try them on again, to be sure, but you seem to be describing a proper boot fit.

AntipodeanSam 04-08-2014 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goron24 (Post 1670505)
I am looking into the possibility of getting new boots due to my current ones experiencing a large amount of heel lift. I have really tiny heels and ankles for a male and this seems to not be helping the issue. I tried a pair of Nike zoom force 1s (size 9) and I couldnt move my heel at all, however my feet were a tad squished and I think a 9.5 (my current burton hails boot size) would fit perfectly. However I can no longer find any 9.5 Nike zoom force 1s in Canada.

Can someone recommend me a good boot that fits people with narrow heels/ankles?

They should be a tad squished, I have feet that are a half size different, I always go lower and the boots pack out accordingly, just a little uncomfortable for a few days

wrathfuldeity 04-09-2014 05:20 AM

idk abt the zooms...but all of my boots pack out at least .5 size. You got to plan for and then modify liners accordingly or visit a good boot fitter. see boot faq sticky for possible liner mods. Boots are the most important piece of equipment and perhaps the most difficult to dial-in...so often, it will take a few pairs of boots, some time to get it right.

might try a pair of solmons...apparently they run more narrow.

neni 04-09-2014 05:46 AM

Ride are also an option, at least the Insano is pretty narrow

dcrides 04-09-2014 08:51 AM

I have narrow feet/heels and the K2 Maysis works well for me.

jtg 04-09-2014 09:27 AM

Salomon have some of the narrowest heels.

madmax 04-09-2014 10:16 AM

I have the same problem and settled on Nike Kaijus. I wear a 12.5/13 in street shoes and my last boots were Burton Ambush in 13. Waaaaaaaaay to big.

I tried 13's and 12's in Kaiju and 13 in the Vans Cirro, DC Ceptor, and Adidas Blauvelt. It's crazy how much the sizes change from brand to brand but the Kaiju was by far the best fitting and most comfortable boot.

I decided on the Kaiju 12's and after 2 runs I knew I made the right choice. They'll pack out about half size and be perfect.

If they're tight but not hurting I'd stick with what you have and they'll be perfect after you ride them for a while.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2