Numb Feet, might have nerve damage. - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CNY
Posts: 685
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyInfamous'Girl View Post
I have the same problem...my feet, just my toes really, always get numbing cold. No matter what I do. I try looseing everything...tightening it...different socks...different boots...deodorant on my feet (yea thats supposed to work, no its doesn't)...Literally, I tried everything. My problem is not that my feet are uncomfortable in my boot, they are just cold.

Any suggestions for me, for us, anyone....?
Are your feet and hands cold even in your house? If so maybe you have an underlying endocrine problem, possibly thyroid related? It's very common. There are a host of other things that cause bad circulation as well.

Where do you snowboard in NY btw? Whenever I see NY in someone's nick I can never tell if they're talking about the city or the rest of NY :P I'm by Syracuse.
phile00 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 07:44 PM
NyInfamous'Girl
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phile00 View Post
Are your feet and hands cold even in your house? If so maybe you have an underlying endocrine problem, possibly thyroid related? It's very common. There are a host of other things that cause bad circulation as well.

Where do you snowboard in NY btw? Whenever I see NY in someone's nick I can never tell if they're talking about the city or the rest of NY :P I'm by Syracuse.
Not really, I only get the cold feet when I board...I have thought about that but i have recently had my thyroid checked and all is well

I am from NYC area...Long Island specifically, about 30 minutes drive from NYC...I dont board in NY though, I drive up to Vermont every weekend to Killington. I can't deal with NY snow...it sucks lol. The closest Mtn (other then Icy mountain creek) is Windham and thats 3 hours away...I figure as might as well drive the extra 2 hours to Killington lol
post #13 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 12:38 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CNY
Posts: 685
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyInfamous'Girl View Post
Not really, I only get the cold feet when I board...I have thought about that but i have recently had my thyroid checked and all is well

I am from NYC area...Long Island specifically, about 30 minutes drive from NYC...I dont board in NY though, I drive up to Vermont every weekend to Killington. I can't deal with NY snow...it sucks lol. The closest Mtn (other then Icy mountain creek) is Windham and thats 3 hours away...I figure as might as well drive the extra 2 hours to Killington lol
That sounds pretty cool. I should do that more often. I've only been to Stratton though. Yeah, the snow does suck here, but it's not just NY. It's called the ice coast for a reason
phile00 is offline  
post #14 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 12:39 AM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 11,672
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyInfamous'Girl View Post
I have the same problem...my feet, just my toes really, always get numbing cold. No matter what I do. I try looseing everything...tightening it...different socks...different boots...deodorant on my feet (yea thats supposed to work, no its doesn't)...Literally, I tried everything. My problem is not that my feet are uncomfortable in my boot, they are just cold.

Any suggestions for me, for us, anyone....?
Sounds more like you have Renounds (sp) syndrome.

Anyways for the OP have you ever had a true custom orthodic made for your feet? Also which K2's did you have and have you tried going to a Dual Zone boot that moves the instep pressure. Without seeing your feet and working with you I can't do to much in terms of boot fitting.

Angry Snowboarder Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is offline  
post #15 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 02:24 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CNY
Posts: 685
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Sounds more like you have Renounds (sp) syndrome.

Anyways for the OP have you ever had a true custom orthodic made for your feet? Also which K2's did you have and have you tried going to a Dual Zone boot that moves the instep pressure. Without seeing your feet and working with you I can't do to much in terms of boot fitting.
It's funny you mention a custom orthotic, because I use one on a daily basis for my feet. I actually tried it in my boot this time, and it didn't seem to help.

I never owned a pair of k2 boots, but I tried them on in a board shop and they made my feet numb. Most boots make my feet numb just trying them on at a board shop. I wish i could remember the model but they were fairly high end BOA boots.

I'm not familiar with what a Dual Zone boot is. I have a fairly flat arch, although since using my orthotics over the years it has put a little arch in my foot. Honestly I feel like I have fairly normal feet otherwise. I have skinny ankles, so maybe my blood flow just gets cut off real easy.

It really sucks though man. I love boarding and would like to do it even more often. I'm not all that great, but it's my favorite thing by far. I'm just starting to get back into it again. I'm gonna get all padded up this year so I can do some park stuff and have some added confidence. Full feeling in my feet would be a great start
phile00 is offline  
post #16 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 03:52 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
legallyillegal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: fuck Snowboarding
Posts: 4,492
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Focus BOA tightens at the instep when you crank the upper zone as well as the lower zone.

Have you tried Ride boots with their zonal speedlace system?

THERE ARE SPECIFIC REASONS AS TO WHY I AM MORE LOCAL THAN YOU

GOD IS DONUT

Last edited by legallyillegal; 01-06-2010 at 03:57 AM.
legallyillegal is offline  
post #17 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 09:49 AM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 11,672
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phile00 View Post
It's funny you mention a custom orthotic, because I use one on a daily basis for my feet. I actually tried it in my boot this time, and it didn't seem to help.

I never owned a pair of k2 boots, but I tried them on in a board shop and they made my feet numb. Most boots make my feet numb just trying them on at a board shop. I wish i could remember the model but they were fairly high end BOA boots.

I'm not familiar with what a Dual Zone boot is. I have a fairly flat arch, although since using my orthotics over the years it has put a little arch in my foot. Honestly I feel like I have fairly normal feet otherwise. I have skinny ankles, so maybe my blood flow just gets cut off real easy.

It really sucks though man. I love boarding and would like to do it even more often. I'm not all that great, but it's my favorite thing by far. I'm just starting to get back into it again. I'm gonna get all padded up this year so I can do some park stuff and have some added confidence. Full feeling in my feet would be a great start
You need one made for a snowboard boot by a boot fitter not one made by a doctor. Also the reason your feet are going numb it sounds like is 1 you're using muscles you're not used to, 2 you could be over tightening your boot, 3 you don't have any arch support, 4 you have severe nerve damage from something you did to yourself in the past.

Angry Snowboarder Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is offline  
post #18 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 09:54 AM
NyInfamous'Girl
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Sounds more like you have Renounds (sp) syndrome.

.
Are you fucking with me or are you being serious?
post #19 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 10:18 AM
Veteran Member
 
wrathfuldeity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bham
Posts: 5,068
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
BA might be on to something...its Raynaud's disease

As for phile, I was also thinking lack of good arch support...maybe boot and binding smashing down the instep too much and not having enough arch support under your foot. Also while standing in line and the ride up...loosen your binding straps and then ratchet it back down at the top. Also do you have a history of foot or ankle injury or sprains that can also involve nerve damage.
wrathfuldeity is offline  
post #20 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 10:59 AM
NyInfamous'Girl
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
So I just looked up Raynaud's disease...and its something Im going to look into. I really do get numbing cold feet and it wasn't always like that, it just started happening last season. Its only my feet though...the rest of my body feels fine. Thanks a lot BurtonAvenger and Wrathfidelity...Im going to see a doctor about it.
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome