Help deciding on new boots - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
rscott22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Waynesboro, PA
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Exclamation Help deciding on new boots

Hey guys new here to the forum and I have a few questions. I have 3 problems really with my boots ever since I have started snowboarding.

1. I have bought 3 different sets of boots now and in 3 different sizes first were 11ís then 10í & Ĺ and lastly a 10. I wear a size 11 & Ĺ shoe normally on the street. I have always been told you should buy your snow board boots a size smaller but I always feel like they are cramming my toes into the front of them and they are always so uncomfortable for me. My 11ís seem to fit the best comfort wise but I had another problem with which Iíll bring up next.

2. The other problem I have terrible heel lift in my boats no matter what size I get is there good way to fix this? I strap my boats down as tight as I can get them and I still always have heel lift.

3. I recently had bunion surgery on my right foot and I was told that I have flat and mid wide feet as there any good boot out there to accommodate for a foot like mine? I was looking at the Burton ION boot looks very nice and I can get a pair for a good price right now.

If anyone can help me with my problem here I would deeply appreciate it. Because honestly if after this year I canít get a boot to finally fit right I am just going to give up and go back to skiingÖ.. Which I really do NOT want to do.
Ryan,
rscott22 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 12:57 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The best thing to do is to try on as many boots as possible to find the best fit. I tried on 4 pairs ranging in price and size. I've heard others who have tried on as many as 10. I've heard good things about the Burton Ions.
Calibre 6 is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
rscott22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Waynesboro, PA
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibre 6 View Post
The best thing to do is to try on as many boots as possible to find the best fit. I tried on 4 pairs ranging in price and size. I've heard others who have tried on as many as 10. I've heard good things about the Burton Ions.
Thanks for the input. I have tried on at least 15 different boots and they all feel pretty much fine until I hit the slope and thats when i can tell if a boot fits me or not. So far I havent had any luck but I always bought cheap boot's also so maybe spending the extra for nice boots will make a difference for once.
rscott22 is offline  
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 07:01 PM
Drunk with power...er beer.
 
Donutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 5,171
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 252
First, I don't know about the "buy a size smaller" advice. I'm 9-1/2 in street shoes but 11-1/2 in my Ride Jackson Boas.

As far as heel lift, you may have narrow heels. Have you looked at boots that have a boa tightener specifically for heel lift? Not cheap, but if that doesn't work for you I'd recommend arc welding your foot to the board.
Donutz is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 08:05 PM
Senior Member
 
NYinfamous2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York state of MinD
Posts: 423
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
whats up, definitely try on as many as possible, but remember if a boot has even the slightest room in the front once broken in and pack out after a few days riding they will most likely be to big and cause heel lift. the trick is to buy boots that your toes just touch the front after packing out they should fit perfectly. My suggestion on a specific boot which has amazing heel hold are the dc judges. the have dual boa system that works GREAT and the heel hold is the best ive felt in 16 yrs of riding. good luck.
NYinfamous2k2 is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 03:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bella Napoli!
Posts: 178
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Burton Ion's are great but I have never found aboot I can stand for more than 3 hours. Just be careful not to screw up your laces on the lift with your board edges.
ttchad is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 10:34 AM
Senior Member
 
Ballistic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: vancouver
Posts: 225
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
-what other boot models have u tried?
-wear THIN socks when u go try on boots.
-yes your toes should touch lightly the end of the boot, boots tightened properly, knees in a flexed/riding position.
-when boots begin to pack out you can put thicker insoles inside to reduce the room, like superfeet. Or even a thin spacer inder your insoles. Also thicker socks as boots pack out. New boots thin socks.
-heel lift- DC boots hug the heel really well.. Judge, Status.
-u can insert heel spacer things (if they will stay in place). My Burton Driver X came with them.

Vancouver, BC
Ballistic is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
rscott22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Waynesboro, PA
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
-what other boot models have u tried?
-wear THIN socks when u go try on boots.
-yes your toes should touch lightly the end of the boot, boots tightened properly, knees in a flexed/riding position.
-when boots begin to pack out you can put thicker insoles inside to reduce the room, like superfeet. Or even a thin spacer inder your insoles. Also thicker socks as boots pack out. New boots thin socks.
-heel lift- DC boots hug the heel really well.. Judge, Status.
-u can insert heel spacer things (if they will stay in place). My Burton Driver X came with them.
- burton ruler
- I wear burton socks in my boots
- yeah mine feel smashed so they are way to tight.
- Ok ill try that when I get my new boots i appreciate the advice.
- Yeah i think the BOZ system with DC boots is the way i am probably going to go to keep my heel in place.
rscott22 is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 06:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Ballistic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: vancouver
Posts: 225
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
ski/snowboard socks come in thin , medium, thick, some with extra padding or other varieties. Top quality socks.. different ones to suit the temperature, is a good approach.

Vancouver, BC
Ballistic is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 10:03 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
B.Gilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Berkshires
Posts: 774
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rscott22 View Post
Hey guys new here to the forum and I have a few questions. I have 3 problems really with my boots ever since I have started snowboarding.

1. I have bought 3 different sets of boots now and in 3 different sizes first were 11ís then 10í & Ĺ and lastly a 10. I wear a size 11 & Ĺ shoe normally on the street. I have always been told you should buy your snow board boots a size smaller but I always feel like they are cramming my toes into the front of them and they are always so uncomfortable for me. My 11ís seem to fit the best comfort wise but I had another problem with which Iíll bring up next.

2. The other problem I have terrible heel lift in my boats no matter what size I get is there good way to fix this? I strap my boats down as tight as I can get them and I still always have heel lift.

3. I recently had bunion surgery on my right foot and I was told that I have flat and mid wide feet as there any good boot out there to accommodate for a foot like mine? I was looking at the Burton ION boot looks very nice and I can get a pair for a good price right now.

If anyone can help me with my problem here I would deeply appreciate it. Because honestly if after this year I canít get a boot to finally fit right I am just going to give up and go back to skiingÖ.. Which I really do NOT want to do.
Ryan,
Check into Celsius boots. Check the models with the stoke strap which might help you a bit with heel lift. Look at the Climate for a stiffer boot or Cirrus for a slight softer boot and one step softer is the CLS10. Just a few options for you. Celsius seem to have a fairly decent size toe box so just an option for you to look into. They also come with J bars to help in the heel lift.

Good luck on your search for boots.

The season is almost upon us!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
B.Gilly is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome