32 boot liner expand without heat mold? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-01-2011, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
MistahTaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,372
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
32 boot liner expand without heat mold?

I got a pair of 2010 32 lashed been riding in them for about 9 times. I feel like I want them a little snugger. I was wondering if the liner foam would expand from your natural body heat. I know that the foam will pack out after use but is there a possibility that the parts of the liner that aren't as snug expand for a better fit? sorry if i worded it weird.
MistahTaki is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-01-2011, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
MistahTaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,372
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
anybody anybody?
MistahTaki is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-01-2011, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
MistahTaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,372
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I thought someone replied but it was just my post
MistahTaki is offline  
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-01-2011, 10:59 PM
Member
 
)(ood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have some TM-2's and had the same experience. I ended up getting them heat molded at a local shop that had a kit for molding the 32 boot liners (funky looking double barrelled blowdryer, little toe caps you put on your bare feet, and a snowboard mag/porn to read while you wait for the liners to settle around your feet). I would definitely recommend getting it done. My boots fit so much better after getting the liners cooked...

'11 157 Forum Comflict
'11 Flux SF45
'10 DC Journey
)(ood is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-01-2011, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
MistahTaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,372
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by )(ood View Post
I have some TM-2's and had the same experience. I ended up getting them heat molded at a local shop that had a kit for molding the 32 boot liners (funky looking double barrelled blowdryer, little toe caps you put on your bare feet, and a snowboard mag/porn to read while you wait for the liners to settle around your feet). I would definitely recommend getting it done. My boots fit so much better after getting the liners cooked...
damn, i guess i should then. im just really lazy.
MistahTaki is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Member
 
)(ood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahTaki View Post
damn, i guess i should then. im just really lazy.
Well if you don't wanna go to a shop, or the mountain you ride at, and look at pictures of tits for 15 minutes while your boot liner fucks your foot, then you my friend are lazy... Get it done! It will help!

'11 157 Forum Comflict
'11 Flux SF45
'10 DC Journey
)(ood is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-01-2011, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
MistahTaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,372
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by )(ood View Post
Well if you don't wanna go to a shop, or the mountain you ride at, and look at pictures of tits for 15 minutes while your boot liner fucks your foot, then you my friend are lazy... Get it done! It will help!
I went to go buy wax at a little local shop and asked them if they heat mold boots a little while back. Seems like they won't charge me, might have to make the visit.
MistahTaki is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-01-2011, 11:09 PM
Member
 
)(ood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahTaki View Post
I went to go buy wax at a little local shop and asked them if they heat mold boots a little while back. Seems like they won't charge me, might have to make the visit.
Yeah, it should be free. It's not like we're skiers!!

'11 157 Forum Comflict
'11 Flux SF45
'10 DC Journey
)(ood is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome