32 Lashed or Ultralight? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 07:49 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
32 Lashed or Ultralight?

Looking to get some new boots as the '10 Burton Rulers I had absolutely killed my feet in the two days I rode in them. Unfortunately I don't have any nearby shops that have these in my size (at least that I know of), but I tried on a pair of available Prions and they were way more comfortable without all the pressure/pain in my Burton boots (though I wouldn't really be able to tell unless I rode with them for a little bit), but were a bit soft.

Anybody had experience with one, the other or both? As I understand it the Ultralight is slightly stiffer than the Lashed at least according to 32's stiffness scale, and also uses the super high density foam liner that they have vs the dual density softtouch that they have for most of the rest of their model line. Do the lacing eyelets being on the inside of the cuff on the Ultralight become uncomfortable when clamping down with binders?

I do mostly groomed runs but looking to start a little park riding some time (may or may not be soon depending on how fast I want to go).
suneo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 10:06 AM
Senior Member
 
Jeffksf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: OHIO
Posts: 102
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm on my 3rd pair of 32 Lashed and I love them. It would be good if you could try them on though, sizing isn't always what you expect.
Jeffksf is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 10:22 AM
Senior Member
 
HoboMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,316
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lashed are great for everything, not to stiff, not to soft. I would also try them on, my previous boots were 10.5, and my new lashed as 9.5. Haven't tried the ultralight.

PowderHound and TreeNinja
HoboMaster is offline  
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 11:27 AM
Senior Member
 
mbesp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 354
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had some lashed before getting my tmtwos. i think my next boots i might being going back to the lashed. They were super comfy all the time.
mbesp is offline  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 12:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 169
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I recently got rid of some Vans that were giving me the same problems. I had an old pair of thritytwos before that, I don't recall the model. Anyway, I picked up some prions, since that was all the shop had, but as soon as I can I'm probably going to go with the lashed. The prions are super light and comfy, but just too soft. I notice that there are a lot of people that love the lashed, so I'm thinking it's probably the same comfort and fit as the prion, but with a stiffer flex. Oh and on the size, my old boot was 9.5, and the new boot is 9. My shoe size is usually 8.5 or 9 depending. Another thing, is I ordered the vans online and I got lucky with the length, but they just had a lower profile that hurt. All in all, try them on if you can and heat molding definitely helped out for me!
ptapia is offline  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 12:47 PM
Senior Member
 
HoboMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,316
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptapia View Post
I recently got rid of some Vans that were giving me the same problems. I had an old pair of thritytwos before that, I don't recall the model. Anyway, I picked up some prions, since that was all the shop had, but as soon as I can I'm probably going to go with the lashed. The prions are super light and comfy, but just too soft. I notice that there are a lot of people that love the lashed, so I'm thinking it's probably the same comfort and fit as the prion, but with a stiffer flex. Oh and on the size, my old boot was 9.5, and the new boot is 9. My shoe size is usually 8.5 or 9 depending. Another thing, is I ordered the vans online and I got lucky with the length, but they just had a lower profile that hurt. All in all, try them on if you can and heat molding definitely helped out for me!
Yea, if they boots fit well, but have a few weird pressure points, molding them will usually make things hunky-dory

PowderHound and TreeNinja
HoboMaster is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 12:54 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 785
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I absolutely hated my lashed, the sewing around laces started to come off and I would say theyre more of a park boot, way too soft. Go try some salomons
snowjab is offline  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-14-2011, 10:50 AM
ek3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: nyc
Posts: 163
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbesp View Post
I had some lashed before getting my tmtwos. i think my next boots i might being going back to the lashed. They were super comfy all the time.
what year are your tmtwo's? What problems are you having with them? Also, did you downsize?
ek3 is offline  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-14-2011, 10:58 AM
Veteran Member
 
Vlaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Varies
Posts: 1,173
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Coming from '06 32 Prions to '08 32 Lashed years ago, currently in my 3rd season using them and best boot I've ever owned to date. Comfortable, durable and not a single isssue with them. Not sure about the newer versions.

It may depend on how many days you use them for as well since out west people will be on the slopes 3-4 times what East Coasters usually will. To date I have around 50~60 days on mine total.

If you get 32's, rule of thumb I tell everyone is go 1/2 size bigger than your usual shoe size for a good fit. Otherwise it may be a bit tight.

Government - If you think the problems they created are bad, just wait until you see their solutions.

Screw being normal
Vlaze is offline  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-14-2011, 11:05 AM
Senior Member
 
HoboMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,316
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlaze View Post
Coming from '06 32 Prions to '08 32 Lashed years ago, currently in my 3rd season using them and best boot I've ever owned to date. Comfortable, durable and not a single isssue with them. Not sure about the newer versions.

It may depend on how many days you use them for as well since out west people will be on the slopes 3-4 times what East Coasters usually will. To date I have around 50~60 days on mine total.

If you get 32's, rule of thumb I tell everyone is go 1/2 size bigger than your usual shoe size for a good fit. Otherwise it may be a bit tight.
I would just try it on, because for me it was 1/2 a size smaller then my shoe size.

PowderHound and TreeNinja
HoboMaster is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome