Vans 2012 Hi-Standard - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2011, 10:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Vanek26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 16
Default Vans 2012 Hi-Standard

Looking for some fit advice from anyone who has these boots. I've heard they run a half size smaller than ur normal shoe size. I normally wear 8.5 to 9 in shoes. Can anyone confirm the fit and if they had to go smaller or bigger versus their shoe size? Thanks.
Vanek26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-30-2011, 11:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanek26 View Post
Looking for some fit advice from anyone who has these boots. I've heard they run a half size smaller than ur normal shoe size. I normally wear 8.5 to 9 in shoes. Can anyone confirm the fit and if they had to go smaller or bigger versus their shoe size? Thanks.
they fit pretty true to size...i wear a 9 shoe everyday and tried on a 9 at the store. when buying boots, you want your toe to be pretty close to the edge so when they mold to your foot and pack out, they should be good to go.
casper3043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sun Valley, ID
Posts: 38
Default

I wear usually a 10.5 shoe size and have size 10s in the hi-standards but they are a half size to big. Iv got the wiigs in a 9.5 and they fit me perfect. I would try and go some where and try them on if I could but I think all of vans boots fit somewhat the same in terms of size but I am not 100% sure about that.

Also hi-standards are really soft for snowboard boots. I think there like a 2/10 on vans scale and vans boots seem to be softer overall than other boot companies.

Last edited by DaToast; 10-31-2011 at 12:13 AM.
DaToast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaToast View Post
I wear usually a 10.5 shoe size and have size 10s in the hi-standards but they are a half size to big. Iv got the wiigs in a 9.5 and they fit me perfect. I would try and go some where and try them on if I could but I think all of vans boots fit somewhat the same in terms of size but I am not 100% sure about that.

Also hi-standards are really soft for snowboard boots. I think there like a 2/10 on vans scale and vans boots seem to be softer overall than other boot companies.
strange...i've worn a size 9 shoe for a long time. i own a pair of size 9 wiigs and tried on the hi standards in 9 at the store and that would've been good for me as well. the vans in general fit a normal and narrow size foot. if you have a wider than normal foot than that might be the reason some people are sizing up. if this is the case, the vans might not be the best boot for you.
casper3043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jgsqueak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 288
Default

Get properly fit. Get measured weighted and unweighted. That will show you how much your foot pronates or expands. Get in soles like Superfeet to support the arch and secure the foot. Then you will know what size boot you will be in. Going straight off of your shoe size is a pretty bad idea (shoes are cut heel to ball and boots are based off a total length last).
jgsqueak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Vanek26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 16
Default

Thanks for the info, guys. I ordered a 9 from Zappos. They've got free ship both ways, so if they don't fit I'm not out any return ship fees. Plus they were actually $10 cheaper than any other place online. I'd try them on in-store, but unfortunately where I live there aren't many shops and the ones we do have don't carry Vans boots. From what I've read they seem like great boots for the price and I like that they have a heat-moldable liner.
Vanek26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanek26 View Post
Thanks for the info, guys. I ordered a 9 from Zappos. They've got free ship both ways, so if they don't fit I'm not out any return ship fees. Plus they were actually $10 cheaper than any other place online. I'd try them on in-store, but unfortunately where I live there aren't many shops and the ones we do have don't carry Vans boots. From what I've read they seem like great boots for the price and I like that they have a heat-moldable liner.
good choice...super comfy boots. better than most burtons, 32, and dc boots i've tried.
casper3043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums