Thinking about swapping my K2 Rykers for Ride Hi-Phy Coilers
So, my 3 year old, low end starter boots (Forum Recon) were finally replaced today when I bought some K2 Ryker boots. Amongst the boots I tried on were the Ride Hi-phy boa coilers.
I ended up buying the K2 Rykers because they were $90 cheaper than the Ride Hi-Phys. (Got the K2's on sale).
Problem is, I keep thinking about those Ride boots.
1. The fit was slightly better (they do a better job of holding the heel)
2. They are noticeably lighter
3. The sole has a rigidity and feel that I didn't experience in any other boot.
1. They cost $259.99. More than I have spent on any of my boards and $90 more than I got the Rykers for.
2. They are GREEN. Granny smith apple green. Kawasaki green. I'm not a fashion slave, but there is no ignoring that color.
3. In my experience, lighter footwear doesn't last as long
What do you guys think?