Wide Boots? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 09:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: No. VA
Posts: 72
Default Wide Boots?

Hello all, I'm in the market for some new boots. I tried on the Nike Kaiju's today after hearing so many good things about them and they are definitely not friendly for those with wide ass shrek feet like myself.

I currently have some Burton boots that are fairly comfortable, but I'm just trying to figure out what other companies offer a wider boot. The stores around me don't carry a ton of different brands of boots all under one roof for me to try on, so I thought I would ask around here to narrow down which shops I will visit to try on boots.

Thanks in advance to all!
jpchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-03-2012, 09:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpchase View Post
Hello all, I'm in the market for some new boots. I tried on the Nike Kaiju's today after hearing so many good things about them and they are definitely not friendly for those with wide ass shrek feet like myself.

I currently have some Burton boots that are fairly comfortable, but I'm just trying to figure out what other companies offer a wider boot. The stores around me don't carry a ton of different brands of boots all under one roof for me to try on, so I thought I would ask around here to narrow down which shops I will visit to try on boots.

Thanks in advance to all!
I wear a size 15 shoe with wide feet. Once I found Solomon I will never go back. I wear the synapse and love them. I know they have higher end boots, not sure if there are ones specific to how you ride. But this is my 2nd pair of Solomon, and they feel like slippers. Love them
bgmic58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,121
Default

Check out ThirtyTwo boots, too.

I don't have Shrek feet but my foot is fairly wide near the toes and I have a narrow heel, sort of like a triangle. My ThirtyTwo (Lashed) have been the perfect fit for me. And I tried on a Nike boot before trying ThirtyTwo...no comparison (for me).
EatRideSleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: No. VA
Posts: 72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgmic58 View Post
I wear a size 15 shoe with wide feet. Once I found Solomon I will never go back. I wear the synapse and love them. I know they have higher end boots, not sure if there are ones specific to how you ride. But this is my 2nd pair of Solomon, and they feel like slippers. Love them
Thanks bgmic58, I'll have to try on some Solomans. I mostly freeride and charge down groomers which is pretty much all that is available around me on the local hills.

I play around in the park some, but stick to the table tops.
jpchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
ETM
Veteran Member
 
ETM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The winds are a changing
Posts: 1,958
Default

thirty two boots are a wide fit.
ETM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 890
Default

i think head boots are pretty wide as well.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: No. VA
Posts: 72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatRideSleep View Post
Check out ThirtyTwo boots, too.

I don't have Shrek feet but my foot is fairly wide near the toes and I have a narrow heel, sort of like a triangle. My ThirtyTwo (Lashed) have been the perfect fit for me. And I tried on a Nike boot before trying ThirtyTwo...no comparison (for me).
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETM View Post
thirty two boots are a wide fit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
i think head boots are pretty wide as well.
Thanks all! I'll have to check out Salomans, Thirtytwos, Head, and any others that have yet to be recommended?
jpchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned!
 
snowklinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: L-Town
Posts: 4,663
Default

I have never been able to wear any Nike shoe or boot or footwear of any kind, and have been told it's due to my wide foot. They may have something out there that works in the tennis shoe market but I was steered away long ago and never looked back as everything I ever heard only reaffirmed this.

I have flat, wide feet, and have 2 pairs of 32's, Lashed and TM-Two's, I love em. The Lashed are probably wider.
__________________
Support Local Business
"Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!" - Ash
snowklinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 13
Default

I didn't know Salomon makes size 15 wide. I thought their synapse only goes to 14?
hlee16868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:18 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 93
Default

i have fairly wide feet. my running shoes that fit me perfectly are a 9E. i have 2012 vans aura with green superfeet and they work well for me in a size 9. it is still scrunched up a bit in the front, but with the boa system i leave my front not as tight and the upper tight. the superfeet help a lot. i can usually do 8-9 runs bombing down groomers before i need to unloosen and let my feet breathe again.

since fitment is key, i would suggest going to sport chalet and purchasing shoes. you pay the retail premium + tax, but you have the option of returning them for the full price if they do not work out for you. the way it works is supposedly "3 time usage", but who the hell will know just don't bring back shoes that have been torn up and abused and you will be fine.
jasyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums