Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boots (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boots/)
-   -   Weird boot issue (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boots/50906-weird-boot-issue.html)

Nmbr1Ballr 11-06-2012 08:51 AM

Weird boot issue
 
So I bought 4 pairs of boots off dogfunk. One of the brands was the Nike Vapen which I ordered a 7 and 7.5. When trying them on, I swear that the 7.5's feel tighter on my foot then the 7's. Maybe its in my head idk. But I def want to keep one of the two. Should I just keep the 7's since they say they are the smaller of the two?

wrathfuldeity 11-06-2012 09:08 AM

take the liners out and actually measure them and note the results....the 7 and 7.5 shell might be the same and the liners are different or perhaps got mixed up.

BurtonAvenger 11-06-2012 09:32 AM

It's not the liners it's the footbed more than likely. Nike is crap get a real boot.

Nmbr1Ballr 11-06-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger (Post 535051)
It's not the liners it's the footbed more than likely. Nike is crap get a real boot.

What would you recommend? The Burton boots I tried on felt like it had pressure points on both sides of my foot. I heard 32s fit better for those with bigger/wider feet. Any recommendation on boot brands that fit better for a smaller foot? The Nikes were very comfortable. Any reason in particular you say they are bad boots?

lonerider 11-06-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nmbr1Ballr (Post 535109)
What would you recommend? The Burton boots I tried on felt like it had pressure points on both sides of my foot. I heard 32s fit better for those with bigger/wider feet. Any recommendation on boot brands that fit better for a smaller foot? The Nikes were very comfortable. Any reason in particular you say they are bad boots?

IF you have a narrow ankle/heel... try Nitro boots. My toes are average width, but I have super narrow ankle/heels which lead to heel lift on most brands (but not Nitros).

BurtonAvenger 11-06-2012 01:32 PM

I recommend trying on more than 2 brands of boots or even 2 models.

Nmbr1Ballr 11-06-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger (Post 535123)
I recommend trying on more than 2 brands of boots or even 2 models.

I've tried on k2 which were decent fit but felt a little wider in the toe area, burton which were horrible and hurt my feet just being in them for a few minutes, and the nike's which fit good. If boots are all about "fit" wouldn't it make sense for me to get them? Not sure what other reason someone would get or not get boots when everyone says get what fits best, so I am not sure why you say the Nike's suck.

Its hard to try on a ton of boots when I am shelling out $200+ per pair to order, wait for shipping, try on, return, get my credit back. That's alot of money to be tied up on my credit card that I would prefer not to have if I could just order some boots that tend to have a better fit for certain type of foot which is what I did. I mean if dogfunk wanted to send me 15 pairs of boots fine, but I'd prefer not to have $3k tied up on my card just to do that.

lonerider 11-06-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nmbr1Ballr (Post 535174)
I've tried on k2 which were decent fit but felt a little wider in the toe area, burton which were horrible and hurt my feet just being in them for a few minutes, and the nike's which fit good. If boots are all about "fit" wouldn't it make sense for me to get them? Not sure what other reason someone would get or not get boots when everyone says get what fits best, so I am not sure why you say the Nike's suck.

Its hard to try on a ton of boots when I am shelling out $200+ per pair to order, wait for shipping, try on, return, get my credit back. That's alot of money to be tied up on my credit card that I would prefer not to have if I could just order some boots that tend to have a better fit for certain type of foot which is what I did. I mean if dogfunk wanted to send me 15 pairs of boots fine, but I'd prefer not to have $3k tied up on my card just to do that.

Dogfunk is free 2-day shipping. Unless you have bad credit, your credit card limit should easily handle another couple of pair of boot. You are aware that you can do partial returns (return all the boots except the Nikes and order some more - then in ship all but the best fitting boot back in the second wave). Seriously driving to the three stores that it would take to do the same thing would take more time.

Nmbr1Ballr 11-06-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonerider (Post 535184)
Dogfunk is free 2-day shipping. Unless you have bad credit, your credit card limit should easily handle another couple of pair of boot. You are aware that you can do partial returns (return all the boots except the Nikes and order some more - then in ship all but the best fitting boot back in the second wave). Seriously driving to the three stores that it would take to do the same thing would take more time.

2 day free shipping was not available for me when I just ordered all my stuff. Was only 7-14 days ground shipping.

lonerider 11-06-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nmbr1Ballr (Post 535214)
2 day free shipping was not available for me when I just ordered all my stuff. Was only 7-14 days ground shipping.

Try backcountry.com, it's the same company just a different website targeted to a different audience.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2