Boots faq and etc - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2014, 03:35 AM   #21 (permalink)
Resident poet
 
wrathfuldeity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bham
Posts: 3,818
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom33 View Post
one last question before your done lol i get that everyone's feet are different and you need to get out there and try on some boots but whatsup with the 1-10 scale on softer to responsive ,, how much of a difference is it??
for ex,, if you get a burton moto x pair they are on the softer side but and seem nice for about 150 but a pair of burton ions are 430and more responsive? could the motos still get the job done
The difference in soft/stiff can be significant...but the more important question is...what is your riding style and terrain and which amt of boot flex will enhance your riding. A soft boot is generally for park and able to tweak grabs and stuff. A stiffer boot is generally for big mtn riding...where a stiff boot will help with leveraging/supporting big lines or high speed carves...like you want to be able to lean into a stiff boot and have it hold when you are railing at 50 mph or you need a quick assured response at 50 mph.
__________________
wrathfuldeity is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-26-2014, 02:58 PM   #22 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 8
Default

thanks man i just found this site and already everyone is so helpful. i like to cruise around the MT, carve it up a little butter, but at the same time i like to hit the terrain park,,, basically im going for a whole new setup with everything and wan more of a rocker board so im guessing go with a softer pair of boots?
custom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 04:45 PM   #23 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Park City, UT
Posts: 9
Smile Laces may be one of the most important parts of boots

I ride mostly park but have been using new waxed paracord laces to get the exact fit that I want in my boots and they have worked wonders. They don't come loose as I am tightening them and they stay tight all day long. They are amazing. You find those at waxdlaces.com
Steez Pleez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 06:21 AM   #24 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
timmytard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: I can see Santa shoveling his driveway
Posts: 2,117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom33 View Post
thanks man i just found this site and already everyone is so helpful. i like to cruise around the MT, carve it up a little butter, but at the same time i like to hit the terrain park,,, basically im going for a whole new setup with everything and wan more of a rocker board so im guessing go with a softer pair of boots?
I wouldn't go looking for a soft boot, you'll end up breaking your ankle If your lucky

Or you could tear all your ligaments & tendons
You'll never be 100% again after that. Ever.

Get a medium flex boot, you're not a tweaker yet

When you you can tweak them to the point where, now you need softer boots, that's when you get softer boots.

Not before


TT
__________________
If whatever doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.

Then I am so close to immortality
timmytard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 11:44 AM   #25 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 12
Exclamation Need some help

Hello, I am a new for this forum, also new in snowboarding
I was standing on the snowbard only one season and I love it.
I have bought burton custom x snowbard, burton cartel est bindings and now I need boots, can you help someone what kind of boots shoud I buy?
I have 41.5 EU size (8.5 US)
GunsN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:34 PM   #26 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
timmytard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: I can see Santa shoveling his driveway
Posts: 2,117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsN View Post
Hello, I am a new for this forum, also new in snowboarding
I was standing on the snowbard only one season and I love it.
I have bought burton custom x snowbard, burton cartel est bindings and now I need boots, can you help someone what kind of boots shoud I buy?
I have 41.5 EU size (8.5 US)
Where the hell are ya located Gunsn no boots?

You basically want an average pair of boots that fit your feet perfect.

None of us know what that boot will be for you though?

Sometimes.... I can find good shit for people.
For cheap too.


TT
__________________
If whatever doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.

Then I am so close to immortality
timmytard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:11 PM   #27 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytard View Post
Where the hell are ya located Gunsn no boots?

You basically want an average pair of boots that fit your feet perfect.

None of us know what that boot will be for you though?

Sometimes.... I can find good shit for people.
For cheap too.


TT

Have you ever reed Dale Carnegie? if not, just do it.
thank you
GunsN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:22 PM   #28 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
timmytard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: I can see Santa shoveling his driveway
Posts: 2,117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsN View Post
Have you ever reed Dale Carnegie? if not, just do it.
thank you
No, I've never reeded it I've never ever hurd of it?

That's cool though, have fun reeding


TT
__________________
If whatever doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.

Then I am so close to immortality
timmytard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:27 PM   #29 (permalink)
Not quite reformed yet
 
chomps1211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: S.E. Mich.
Posts: 3,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytard View Post
No, I've never reeded it I've never ever hurd of it?

That's cool though, have fun reeding


TT
Lol! ...and you can have fun wriding while he's reeding!
__________________
You're only Young Once,.. but you can be Immature FOREVER!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:50 PM   #30 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
timmytard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: I can see Santa shoveling his driveway
Posts: 2,117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chomps1211 View Post
Lol! ...and you can have fun wriding while he's reeding!
0 yu bet or bee leave it!


TT
__________________
If whatever doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.

Then I am so close to immortality
timmytard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:52 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums