Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boots (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boots/)
-   -   About how many days of hard riding do Burton Ions last? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boots/51087-about-how-many-days-hard-riding.html)

rvcasrfr 11-12-2012 02:43 PM

About how many days of hard riding do Burton Ions last?
 
Looking at a pair of 2011 Burton Ions for around $100, but the guy has put about 60 days of riding into them and lives full time in a ski community so you know he's no n00b and has been riding them hard. I on the other hand am a n00b but I just got my first season pass and want a boot that will finally stop the wretched heel lift I've been dealing with for the past couple seasons. Unfortunately I can't try these boots on since the guy is on a forum and will be shipping them. Cosmetically they look to be in almost new condition, so that's a good sign. As long as they can last me for the season I will be happy, but I am concerned with getting them and them being on their absolute last leg. What are you guys' experience with Burton Ions and do you think this is a good deal?

ShredLife 11-12-2012 02:44 PM

those boots are done.

rvcasrfr 11-12-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShredLife (Post 537992)
those boots are done.

Why do you say that? Have you owned Ions? I've read posts in other threads by people saying they get 100 days of hard riding out of top tier boots. Thoughts?

lonerider 11-12-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvcasrfr (Post 537993)
Why do you say that? Have you owned Ions? I've read posts in other threads by people saying they get 100 days of hard riding out of top tier boots. Thoughts?

I agree with ShredLife, I have never had a pair of boots (even top-end boots like Salomon Malamute, Nitro Select, etc) last me more than 2 seasons (roughly 70 days) - 32 brand boots lasted less than half that time (20-25 days) before they started to really get mushy. I'm only 150 lbs too.

ShredLife 11-12-2012 03:54 PM

i've had boots that lasted over 70 days, but any boot with say 50 days on it is not worth more than maybe 40-50 bucks.

100 for used boots is insane. actually its just a rip-off.

those boots have 70 days of molding to someone else's foot... not to mention 70 days of their foot funk and sweat in them...boots don't change much from year to year - look for last year's stuff on closeout if your budget is thin, but don't buy used boots unless they really only have like 5 days or less on em.

a bag of it 11-12-2012 03:58 PM

I have over 100 days on my nikes and they're still going strong

rvcasrfr 11-12-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShredLife (Post 538014)
i've had boots that lasted over 70 days, but any boot with say 50 days on it is not worth more than maybe 40-50 bucks.

100 for used boots is insane. actually its just a rip-off.

those boots have 70 days of molding to someone else's foot... not to mention 70 days of their foot funk and sweat in them...boots don't change much from year to year - look for last year's stuff on closeout if your budget is thin, but don't buy used boots unless they really only have like 5 days or less on em.

Okay. I found a different deal which seems to be quite a bit better. What would you say about some Ions with 15 days for $120? They were a brand new warranty replacement towards the end of last season

lonerider 11-12-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvcasrfr (Post 538067)
Okay. I found a different deal which seems to be quite a bit better. What would you say about some Ions with 15 days for $120? They were a brand new warranty replacement towards the end of last season

That does sound a lot better to me ... if the boots fit you. Any boot should be in pretty good condition with only 15 days to it - provided they didn't use it for a slush pool ride and it's not a 32 boot (seriously I just don't like that brand).

Dysantic 11-13-2012 01:21 PM

To be honest, I've always been skeptical about used boots. You have no idea what that guy did with those boots or what happened to them. Just speaking from my old pair, they were wridden to shit. But they still look brand new.

I look at buying a used pair of boots like it would be to buy a used mattress from someone random. It may be cheaper and seems like a good idea, but once you get in the thing and realize its all lumpy and moldy or smells, you regret it. I'd just look into a new boot you can try on and know that it has no shady past. But thats just me.

extra0 11-13-2012 03:52 PM

personally, I'd never buy any used boot. They custom fit to the first user and anyone else wearing them after that is going to riding in relative slop.

if I lowered my standards, a max of 1 day prior use and a much lower price would be it


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2