Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boots (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boots/)
-   -   Burton Ambush 2013 (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boots/51820-burton-ambush-2013-a.html)

trees_hurt 12-02-2012 09:42 PM

Burton Ambush 2013
 
First post on the forum, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

Just bought a pair of Burton Ambush boots in 11.5, the shrinkage tech supposedly puts my footprint around size 11. About to get a new board as well, and I would like to avoid having to get a Wide.

What is the maximum Waist Width that i could get away with if i wanted to stick with a regular board? ive got my eyes on a board that has a WW of 25.5 and is designed with duck stance in mind, which is my stance as well.

I want to avoid toe drag at all costs, and i want to know if the boots/setup will make it possible for me to ride a regular board.

cd21 12-02-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trees_hurt (Post 546692)
First post on the forum, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

Just bought a pair of Burton Ambush boots in 11.5, the shrinkage tech supposedly puts my footprint around size 11. About to get a new board as well, and I would like to avoid having to get a Wide.

What is the maximum Waist Width that i could get away with if i wanted to stick with a regular board? ive got my eyes on a board that has a WW of 25.5 and is designed with duck stance in mind, which is my stance as well.

I want to avoid toe drag at all costs, and i want to know if the boots/setup will make it possible for me to ride a regular board.

I wear a size 11.5 and ride a 258mm board

cd21 12-02-2012 09:49 PM

plus what board

trees_hurt 12-02-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cd21 (Post 546696)
plus what board

Really looking into GNU's strange trip 156... there are other options with more variation in WW but im kinda diggin this board, but mostly i want something that will fit my boot size without any toe drag issues.

cd21 12-02-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trees_hurt (Post 546741)
Really looking into GNU's strange trip 156... there are other options with more variation in WW but im kinda diggin this board, but mostly i want something that will fit my boot size without any toe drag issues.

nice good luck!

Basti 12-03-2012 09:26 AM

Don't just go with waist width when looking at a potential board. What really counts is the width at the inserts (varies with sidecut!) you would be using, and also the stance.

Anyways, with an 11.5 Ambush you should be fine on most of the boards with a waist from around 25.3 cm. Depends on the board of course but that's a general marker, at least from my point of view.

trees_hurt 12-03-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basti (Post 546873)
Don't just go with waist width when looking at a potential board. What really counts is the width at the inserts (varies with sidecut!) you would be using, and also the stance.

Anyways, with an 11.5 Ambush you should be fine on most of the boards with a waist from around 25.3 cm. Depends on the board of course but that's a general marker, at least from my point of view.

Alright thanks for the Input. The board i have been lookin at has different sidecuts; 8.3 and 7.5; think that will be kosher?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2