stupid question? - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 07:56 PM   #21 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 9,793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
You guessed wrong!!! Lotsa immaturity here... For some odd reason this forum is balanced though, between the noobs, the sarcastics, the veterans, etc. etc. etc.
Fuck off you hairy wildabest drummer! Back in your hole!
__________________
Angry Snowboarder Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-19-2012, 09:32 PM   #22 (permalink)
Not quite reformed yet
 
chomps1211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: S.E. Mich.
Posts: 3,312
Default

One thing that I'm kinda surprised didn't get mentioned yet,..

Lessons!!!! By all means, make sure you take a couple of lessons!!! This is in no way any kind of slam against your husband, his willingness or ability to teach, his patience, or anything like that. But lessons from a good instructor will make things s-o-o-o much easier (...on your body & relationship!) in the beginning!!!

Let us know how the used boot experiment goes!!
__________________
You're only Young Once,.. but you can be Immature FOREVER!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:42 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
jennifer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Central California
Posts: 83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chomps1211 View Post
One thing that I'm kinda surprised didn't get mentioned yet,..

Lessons!!!! By all means, make sure you take a couple of lessons!!! This is in no way any kind of slam against your husband, his willingness or ability to teach, his patience, or anything like that. But lessons from a good instructor will make things s-o-o-o much easier (...on your body & relationship!) in the beginning!!!

Let us know how the used boot experiment goes!!

Definatly taking some lessons. I love my husband and he has been boarding for like 20 years...but I dont think him playing instructor would be great for our marriage.

Plus the resort we go to has a deal where if you take 3 lessons you can get a season pass for only $65. That is a great deal considering what they usually charge.

The boots actually surpised me! They are a half size bigger than I would normally wear, but they dont feel loose at all. I can actually get them to close without cutting them up. I almost cried. It is a pretty tight fit, but it works. I swear I tried on at least 10 different snowboarding boots in the store and not one even came close to closing. I was shocked when I put these on and they closed. Plus I am still losing weight....so it will only get better.

Can you put a heal lift in like you can with ski boots?
jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:41 PM   #24 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 9,793
Default

You can just put it under the footbed in the boot not on top of it. Just be aware this will pull your toe away from the end of the boot and might cause problems down there in the long run but for the level you're at I don't foresee it being a problem.
__________________
Angry Snowboarder Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:51 PM   #25 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
 
poutanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 5,450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Fuck off you hairy wildabest drummer! Back in your hole!
NEVER!!! How'd you know I was talking about you when I said there was lotsa immaturity?
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:53 PM   #26 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 9,793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
NEVER!!! How'd you know I was talking about you when I said there was lotsa immaturity?
The world revolves around me, I know everything said on here is about me!
__________________
Angry Snowboarder Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:38 PM   #27 (permalink)
Not quite reformed yet
 
chomps1211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: S.E. Mich.
Posts: 3,312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
Definatly taking some lessons. I love my husband and he has been boarding for like 20 years...but I dont think him playing instructor would be great for our marriage.

Plus the resort we go to has a deal where if you take 3 lessons you can get a season pass for only $65. That is a great deal considering what they usually charge.

The boots actually surpised me! They are a half size bigger than I would normally wear, but they dont feel loose at all. I can actually get them to close without cutting them up. I almost cried. It is a pretty tight fit, but it works. I swear I tried on at least 10 different snowboarding boots in the store and not one even came close to closing. I was shocked when I put these on and they closed. Plus I am still losing weight....so it will only get better.

Can you put a heal lift in like you can with ski boots?
Good deal on the lessons!! You're already proving you've got more sense than a lot of us here! Great news about the boots too!! You didn't mention where u will b riding and taking your lessons, but if the weather there cooperates, try and go when u got fresh(ish) snow rather than icy!! I learned on icy!! (...hell, in 1-1/2 years I've only ridden mostly ice!)

Your backside will thank you for it!!!

[later edit, ]
BTW,.. While those last 35-40 lbs were the result of the steroids, (...those friggin things even put fat on my scalp!!! ) I didn't get to 280 without knowin the pizza guy's number by heart!!! Don't b too rough on urself about how u got there, focus on how GREAT it feels to b leavin that behind!!!
__________________
You're only Young Once,.. but you can be Immature FOREVER!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15

Last edited by chomps1211; 12-20-2012 at 03:50 PM.
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:42 PM   #28 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
 
poutanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 5,450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
The world revolves around me, I know everything said on here is about me!
You're from Toronto? lol
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:39 AM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: London - UK
Posts: 84
Default

2 things.

1 i can offer no input on boots sorry

2. Congrats on everything you've achieved so far and welcome to a fantasticly fun activity. Yesterday i taught my two best friends to snowboard, took them to a hill for the first time, seeing their faces when they realised they were getting the hang of it was a wicked moment for me. best of luck with it all! hope you enjoy it
smokebelch109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:44 PM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
jennifer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Central California
Posts: 83
Default

Today was day one! Went and took my first lesson. They had snow like 2-3 days ago. It was awesome!!! Loved it. We stopped on the way to get me some goggles and a new pair of gloves (I somehow lost a brand new pair that I never even got to wear a week ago when we went up)....and we somehow left the store with a snowboard and bindings as well. lol. My husband loves me. I think he was just excited about snowboard shopping, since he doesnt need to get himself a new one. He has 3, and his latest was over $600...so he wont be getting a new one for a while.

The boots were VERY uncomfortable though. I lost feeling in my toes at a certain point. But I will experiment a bit and do some more looking around for the perfect boot for me.

I will say that I am sooooo sore! Seriously used muscles I have not made use of before. Only fell 3 times, I count that as a win. One fall looked pretty bad I guess. I had 2 lift operators and my instructor come running all freaked out asking if I was ok. I was fine. Jumped right back up. Though I do feel it in my arm now.

Thank you all for being so supportive and awesome. I had a great time and will be heading back up next week.
jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums