Womens boots - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 05:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 54
Default Womens boots

So I have a size 6 boot size in mens...and snowboard connection didn't have any sizes in 6 so they tried me boots in womens. They fit alright but I have a few questions.
1) Will it matter at all that its womens?
2) I have burton cartel bindings, will it fit alright with women boots?
3) do you care about how your boots look cuz i kinda don't like mine... (checkered black and white) (womens 32 boa)

What I'm trying to get at is... it feels weird wearing a women's boot and I hate the color.
What would you guys do?

Last edited by xsea; 12-30-2012 at 05:51 PM.
xsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-30-2012, 07:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,121
Default

1) Do they fit your feet well?
If yes, than no, I don't think it matters they are women's boots. I rode in men's boots for years.

2) Do your Cartels fit a men's size 6 boot?
If yes, and you have the equivalent size in a women's boot, I'd say yes, they probably will.

3) Pfft. Black and white checkered is fine! Had you said pink with purple flowers I might say keep shopping.

Don't get hung up on the "gender" of the boot. If they fit you well, that's what matters.

As for the colorway, that's all personal preference. If you hate the colorway, that's one thing. But if you hate the colorway even more because it's on a chick boot, that's something else.
EatRideSleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatRideSleep View Post
1) Do they fit your feet well?
If yes, than no, I don't think it matters they are women's boots. I rode in men's boots for years.

2) Do your Cartels fit a men's size 6 boot?
If yes, and you have the equivalent size in a women's boot, I'd say yes, they probably will.

3) Pfft. Black and white checkered is fine! Had you said pink with purple flowers I might say keep shopping.

Don't get hung up on the "gender" of the boot. If they fit you well, that's what matters.

As for the colorway, that's all personal preference. If you hate the colorway, that's one thing. But if you hate the colorway even more because it's on a chick boot, that's something else.

I guess I just really don't like how it looks regardless of the gender.
Would you recommend looking for more options or sucking it up even though it really bothers me.
xsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,121
Default

Hmm. Well you entitled the thread "womens boots" not "I hate the colorway of boots and oh yeah they're womens." Which is fine, if that's how you feel.

Is it this model? ThirtyTwo BINARY BOA BOOTS 2013 (BLACK) at Snowboard Connection If so, I happen to dig that colorway and wouldn't have known by looking at them that they are a women's boot.

I guess the bottom line is if the colorway bothers you so much that you constantly give them the stink eye each time you strap in and it interferes with your stoke, keep looking.

But if it turns out they end up being the only boot that fits your feet well, than my advice is to suck it up. And relish in the fact that you are man enough to rock a chick boot
EatRideSleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatRideSleep View Post
Hmm. Well you entitled the thread "womens boots" not "I hate the colorway of boots and oh yeah they're womens." Which is fine, if that's how you feel.

Is it this model? ThirtyTwo BINARY BOA BOOTS 2013 (BLACK) at Snowboard Connection If so, I happen to dig that colorway and wouldn't have known by looking at them that they are a women's boot.

I guess the bottom line is if the colorway bothers you so much that you constantly give them the stink eye each time you strap in and it interferes with your stoke, keep looking.

But if it turns out they end up being the only boot that fits your feet well, than my advice is to suck it up. And relish in the fact that you are man enough to rock a chick boot
Yes thats the model. I guess I will shop around, it'll bother me looking at them constantly
xsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
RockyMTNsteeze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Rocky Mountains
Posts: 262
Default

DUDE, if you wear women's boots, vaginas are going to start growing on your face.
__________________

IT AINT EAZY BEIN STEEZY
RockyMTNsteeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
mixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: so cal
Posts: 616
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsea View Post
1) Will it matter at all that its womens?
2) I have burton cartel bindings, will it fit alright with women boots?
3) do you care about how your boots look cuz i kinda don't like mine... (checkered black and white) (womens 32 boa)

What I'm trying to get at is... it feels weird wearing a women's boot and I hate the color.
What would you guys do?
I tried to buy mens boots, cos I have super wide feet and wear a mens 6. I was hoping I could score a pair on sale as that's a small (unusual) size for men.

The shop I was trying boots on told me that womens calf muscles are in a different place then mens and the boots are built accordingly. Now, I don't know if that is true or not, but hey that's what the dude at the shop said.

For other reasons, I ended up with chick boots.

and color is everything, however those checked boots aren't so bad!!They're not quite obnoxious and loud enough for my taste but they don't scream women's boots to me.

Oh I have 32 womens boots and burton lexa bindings. The boots don't fit so well in the bindings, heelcup is kinda narrow for the boot. I gotta jam em in there.. So you might want to try before you buy.
__________________
if a cat fucked a shark, the babies would be called women. snowklinger
mixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:44 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixie View Post
The shop I was trying boots on told me that womens calf muscles are in a different place then mens and the boots are built accordingly. Now, I don't know if that is true or not, but hey that's what the dude at the shop said.

Oh I have 32 womens boots and burton lexa bindings. The boots don't fit so well in the bindings, heelcup is kinda narrow for the boot. I gotta jam em in there.. So you might want to try before you buy.
That is true. Our calf muscles are lower than men's. I'd think it wouldn't matter as much for a guy (higher calf muscle placement) using a women's boot (lower design) than it does for a woman using a men's boot. I had a lot of calf bite in my old men's boots.

Great point about trying the bindings with the boot!
EatRideSleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Howlingsonnets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Philly
Posts: 65
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsea View Post
So I have a size 6 boot size in mens...and snowboard connection didn't have any sizes in 6 so they tried me boots in womens. They fit alright but I have a few questions.
1) Will it matter at all that its womens?
2) I have burton cartel bindings, will it fit alright with women boots?
3) do you care about how your boots look cuz i kinda don't like mine... (checkered black and white) (womens 32 boa)

What I'm trying to get at is... it feels weird wearing a women's boot and I hate the color.
What would you guys do?
Ill be the first to tell u that i have the hardest time finding women stuff bc all my clothes are usually from the guys section including shoes...

Thirtytwo boots have been my preferred choice due to their width and design....i have wider feet and im VERY rough on my stuff....

If you are buying/have mens bindings it will be difficult to find womens boots that fit them correctly due to a small size difference...

I have union flites for women and thirtytwo exus boots...thirtytwos are hands down the best for me..ever try them out??
Howlingsonnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:02 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums