Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boots (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boots/)
-   -   Superfeet blue arch pain (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boots/53039-superfeet-blue-arch-pain.html)

AllMtrH22 01-04-2013 12:10 AM

Superfeet blue arch pain
 
I'm not sure if it's the right forum because it's more about the insole but here goes.

I have pretty flat feet and am using the blue superfeet in my snowboard boots. When I put on my boots, they feel great and I can walk around no problem. Once I start boarding, I get quite a bit of pain in my arches. I have used them 3 times so far. Is this normal or should I throw the stock insole back in? The boots are new as well and have packed out. Used them about 5-6 times now. Some people said it took them 4 times or so before their feet started feeling good but I am using the blue superfeet in my walking shoes and the yellow superfeet in my ice skates with no problems.

Any ideas?

Jason 01-04-2013 12:26 AM

I also have flat feet and were getting a lot of pain in my arches. I tried the blue superfeet and while they helped, I'd still get foot pain. I now wear SOLE thin sports and they take away 99% of the pain. Now I only feel pain a long flat areas.

legallyillegal 01-04-2013 02:46 AM

cut all the excess off so you only have the plastic part remaining

put that under the boot liner

lonerider 01-04-2013 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllMtrH22 (Post 560971)
I'm not sure if it's the right forum because it's more about the insole but here goes.

I have pretty flat feet and am using the blue superfeet in my snowboard boots. When I put on my boots, they feel great and I can walk around no problem. Once I start boarding, I get quite a bit of pain in my arches. I have used them 3 times so far. Is this normal or should I throw the stock insole back in? The boots are new as well and have packed out. Used them about 5-6 times now. Some people said it took them 4 times or so before their feet started feeling good but I am using the blue superfeet in my walking shoes and the yellow superfeet in my ice skates with no problems.

Any ideas?

I have flat feet... blue superfeet don't fit my feet. Only customs had the arch inthe right shape. I "love" Sole Supports as they flex a little with your foot. Superfeet and Surefoot customs were less effective.

jdang307 01-04-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllMtrH22 (Post 560971)
I'm not sure if it's the right forum because it's more about the insole but here goes.

I have pretty flat feet and am using the blue superfeet in my snowboard boots. When I put on my boots, they feel great and I can walk around no problem. Once I start boarding, I get quite a bit of pain in my arches. I have used them 3 times so far. Is this normal or should I throw the stock insole back in? The boots are new as well and have packed out. Used them about 5-6 times now. Some people said it took them 4 times or so before their feet started feeling good but I am using the blue superfeet in my walking shoes and the yellow superfeet in my ice skates with no problems.

Any ideas?

Sounds like your boot is too big (not just length but volume).

Whenever my arches ache it's because I'm riding toe side and have heel lift. And when you say they are packed out after only 5-6 sessions, it really confirms that the boot was too big to begin with.

AllMtrH22 01-04-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdang307 (Post 561173)
Sounds like your boot is too big (not just length but volume).

Whenever my arches ache it's because I'm riding toe side and have heel lift. And when you say they are packed out after only 5-6 sessions, it really confirms that the boot was too big to begin with.

The boots are very snug. Toes touching the end but when I'm strapped in, I do feel sone pressure on the sides. I tried loosening the ankle strap but its probably as "loose" as it can be without the boot moving. I may need wider boots if anything. How long would you say it takes for the boot to pack out? They were way too tight at first and I was going yo sell them but after the guy at the store said I need to wear them a few more times to be comfortable. My feet were measured at size9 and thats the size of the boot. Previous boots were way too big at 10.5 but no arch pain but I also didnt use superfeet. I had cramps in my feet for a few runs and it would go away.

jdang307 01-04-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllMtrH22 (Post 561188)
The boots are very snug. Toes touching the end but when I'm strapped in, I do feel sone pressure on the sides. I tried loosening the ankle strap but its probably as "loose" as it can be without the boot moving. I may need wider boots if anything. How long would you say it takes for the boot to pack out? They were way too tight at first and I was going yo sell them but after the guy at the store said I need to wear them a few more times to be comfortable. My feet were measured at size9 and thats the size of the boot. Previous boots were way too big at 10.5 but no arch pain but I also didnt use superfeet. I had cramps in my feet for a few runs and it would go away.

It would take more than 5-6 days to pack out. You say it's snug but how is the volume? My feet touch the front of my boot but I have a low volume foot, wide feet (in the middle not toes), and really skinny ankles and heel. So I get foot slop unless I stuff foam up the yin yang.

AllMtrH22 01-04-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdang307 (Post 561190)
It would take more than 5-6 days to pack out. You say it's snug but how is the volume? My feet touch the front of my boot but I have a low volume foot, wide feet (in the middle not toes), and really skinny ankles and heel. So I get foot slop unless I stuff foam up the yin yang.

My feet are also wide. The boot feels tight all around but I do get a little heel lift sometimes on a really hard turn on the toe edge. Only my back foot gets heel lift though. Maybe we hhave a similar problem. How did you fix it?

jdang307 01-04-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllMtrH22 (Post 561194)
My feet are also wide. The boot feels tight all around but I do get a little heel lift sometimes on a really hard turn on the toe edge. Only my back foot gets heel lift though. Maybe we hhave a similar problem. How did you fix it?

I'll tell you once I do :laugh:


Still battling it, and it is my back foot as well, but that's because my back foot is smaller than my front foot. Ain't that a bitch.

Foam, lots of foam. Gotta fill the volume up. And finding the best boot. I'm thinking of getting a boot that fits my smaller foot perfectly, and having a boot fitter punch the other one open if they can.

AllMtrH22 01-04-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdang307 (Post 561228)
I'll tell you once I do :laugh:


Still battling it, and it is my back foot as well, but that's because my back foot is smaller than my front foot. Ain't that a bitch.

Foam, lots of foam. Gotta fill the volume up. And finding the best boot. I'm thinking of getting a boot that fits my smaller foot perfectly, and having a boot fitter punch the other one open if they can.

I had less feet pain in a 1.5 size bigger boot. I could tighten my bindings down as much as it could and didn't have any extra pressure. My feet were sliding around though.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2