Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
- Boots (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boots/)
- - DC Judge or 32 Lashed? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boots/66514-dc-judge-32-lashed.html)
DC Judge or 32 Lashed?
I'm from Portugal, and we don't have much of a snow tradition here, so we kinda lack snowboard specialized stores.
I also know there is somewhat of a stock shortage this season.
So, I'm trying to buy a new pair of boots... I have some old DC boots that are very weary now, and I was looking forward to replace them.
I've set my mind on DC Judge, 32 Focus, 32 Lashed or Vans Aura.
The thing is, I'll have to buy them over the internet... I can't try them nor buy them all and return them.
So, in terms of technology and quality which pair should I consider most?
(I know it's hard to answer this question, I've been reading the whole forum and I know we must always try our boots before buying them)
thx in advance
I actually have both of these boots. Please feel free to use this thread to ask me any specific questions you'd like. Happy to help. Side note: love them both but I know that is of no help per se. Just letting you know you can't really go wrong with either. But lets start out with:
Whats your riding style?
What are your board(s) / bindings you'd be using?
What is your (believed) size in SB boot?
Have you used the BOA lacing system before?
Edit: and by "both" I meant the boots mentioned in your title 32 Lashed and DC Judge
1. Whats your riding style?
2. What are your board(s) / bindings you'd be using?
3. What is your (believed) size in SB boot?
4. Have you used the BOA lacing system before?
1. I have been snowboarding for 15 years, this is my 16th. I usually go 2 weeks per year, so I consider myself sort of high level in confidence :D I can do all types of mountain riding, and for the past 2 years I have been focusing on grabbing some air and some park, but a little shy on that though.
2. I have a Bataleon Evil Twin 151 (I'm like 170cm tall and my boot size is like EU 40 / US 7.5) and Rome bindings.
3. Believed size is like a 40, all my shoes are 40, I've downloaded a scale from Ride website and I've measured it on a 40 size. I've tried some 39 boots and they are too tight.
4. I have not used the BOA system before, my previous boots were always traditional lacing, so I was considering some new tech. My major problem with my actual boots is heel lifting (maybe due to some over size) and the constant looseness of the laces. So I was consideriong either BOA (which seems preferable) or Fast Laces.
I hope I went on all the points and I really appreciate your help. This is my second post here, but from what I've read throughout, I consider this to be an awesome forum.
I'm more if a fan if the 32 Lashed. Super comfortable and heat moldable so you can get that custom fit. The Lashed is nice medium flex to softer flexing boot. Not to mention when it comes to weight there aren't many boots out there that can beat 32. The Lashed is my park boot of choice, makes riding all day a breeze. Can't ever go wrong with 32 in my opinion.
Try the DC kush.... they are great boots
So I've decided on the 32 Lashed FT. I would love to try the Focus BOA, but they were out of stock for those... DC doesn't ship to Portugal either, only to a limited number of EU countries.
I've measured my foot, I got 25.5cm, so I ordered the size 40 (7.5 US).
Kinda risky, buying boots from the internet... but I can return them in 30 days.
OK, cool. Sounds like you got it pretty much set.
Don't forget to get them liners heat molded and wear slightly thinner socks then your normal boot sock when you do.
I'll try to heat mold them with the blow dryer method, as you can imagine, there is no heat molding machine in a 1200km radius.
They arrive Friday, I'll post some pics then :) (I'm happy as a little girl getting a pony)
One thing about Lashed are the soles are not very grippy on hard snow or ice. If you ride alot on icy conditions, they can be little problematic when skating on one foot or walking around.
I've been using Thirty Two for years and after scuffing the outsoles I've never had too many issues after that.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:45 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.