Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boots (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boots/)
-   -   2013/2104 Salomon F3s? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boots/67761-2013-2104-salomon-f3s.html)

crash77 02-20-2013 12:05 PM

2013/2104 Salomon F3s?
 
Does anyone have any info? Catalogue, pic, price, new added features/tech, something...anything?!

crash77 02-20-2013 01:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok. I've found a pick of what looks like the entire line-up, but no close-ups or nothing in depth. If anyone cares, the F3 is in the middle column, 2nd from the top. And the F4 is in the upper left corner. Anyone have experience with these boots? I'm getting contradictory info regarding flex. Salomon says the F4 is an 8, but some say it's way softer. I'm wondering is this the case for the F3 as well?

cav0011 02-20-2013 02:57 PM

I would say that the f3 is a mid flex boot. The lacing system does make it easy to have them laced fairly loose though creating "more" flex. I really like my f3.0's though.

crash77 02-20-2013 03:37 PM

I'm looking for a mid flex park/all mtn boot. I'm looking into salomon, dc, and burton since these are the only brands I know of that offer reduced footprints.

DrEwTiMe 02-20-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crash77 (Post 749441)
I'm looking for a mid flex park/all mtn boot. I'm looking into salomon, dc, and burton since these are the only brands I know of that offer reduced footprints.

I'm also considering this boot as one of my options, I'm looking for the park/all mtn boot as well. I have been reading review and apparently it only get a 2/5 for "ankle articulation". Any idea what they mean by that?

Review is Salomon F3.0 Boot Review | The Good RideThe Good Ride
if you at all interested.

crash77 02-20-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrEwTiMe (Post 749489)
I'm also considering this boot as one of my options, I'm looking for the park/all mtn boot as well. I have been reading review and apparently it only get a 2/5 for "ankle articulation". Any idea what they mean by that?

Review is Salomon F3.0 Boot Review | The Good RideThe Good Ride
if you at all interested.

Yeah I check that site sometimes to compare information I get from other sources. According their site ankle articulation - "usually tells how well the ankle retains its flex"
I take it some boots restrict ankle movement/flex more than others.

DrEwTiMe 02-20-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crash77 (Post 749569)
Yeah I check that site sometimes to compare information I get from other sources. According their site ankle articulation - "usually tells how well the ankle retains its flex"
I take it some boots restrict ankle movement/flex more than others.

Interesting lol. I was also recommended to check out the 32 TM-Two's, 32 Lashed, Deelux ID and obviously Burton stuff..

I'm looking for around the 6-7 stiffness so I can take them into the park as well as have that response I need for the glad type terrain. It sounds like you might be in a similar boat so figured I would give those suggestions to you as well.

crash77 02-20-2013 04:22 PM

I actually have a pair of 2011 32 summits that i bought on sale as part of my first set up. They got me on the hill but I think I want to try out a stiffer boot. Plus, the inner liner caused a pressure point across my foot because I have to tighten them as much as possible to try reduce some heel lift was experiencing. They also feel bulky on my feet, so I want to try something that offers a reduced footprint.

DrEwTiMe 02-20-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crash77 (Post 749737)
I actually have a pair of 2011 32 summits that i bought on sale as part of my first set up. They got me on the hill but I think I want to try out a stiffer boot.

No wonder you want a stiffer boot. Those have a flex rating of about 3 which is just about as soft as you can get. The TM-two/Lashed have about 7 and a 6 rating respectively, so figure on effectively doubling the stiffness if went with the softer of the two. Maybe someone else can chime in here but IMO once you step above the 7 mark you start loosing that all mtn/freestyle genre and step into the all mtn/freeride area where the boots start to become less and less compatible with park riding.

crash77 02-20-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrEwTiMe (Post 749897)
Maybe someone else can chime in here but IMO once you step above the 7 mark you start loosing that all mtn/freestyle genre and step into the all mtn/freeride area where the boots start to become less and less compatible with park riding.

Totally agree...and my research continues. I just checked with my LBS and they carry Burton, Rome, Salomon, and K2. So I'll go take a look at their line-up for '12/'13 & '13/'14 and compile a list of mid stiff boots to try on in the next few weeks.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2