Boot Flex Question / Vans Infuse - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
SnowOwl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bear Mountain
Posts: 898
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Boot Flex Question / Vans Infuse

So my boa system on my K2 Maysis broke so obviously I need a new pair. Vans Infuse caught my eye. Only problem is I saw their flex was pretty low, and I remember reading Jed's article:

"Personally I find really soft boots to be junk because they break down too fast. Too soft doesnít give you support and you have to replace them earlier because theyíll turn to mush quickly, but I guess if some people like super soft boots and donít mind having to replace them quicker then thatís their choice.

Stiff boots all get more and more flexible as they wear down, so a stiff boot can actually end up with the same stiffness as a soft boot if you use them long enough. Personally I tend to stick to mid stiff and up when it comes to buying boots, but thatís my preference."

I don't have the funds to constantly replace my boots. Anyone have any remarks regarding this to help with my worry about my boots breaking down, or any experience with the Vans Infuse?
SnowOwl is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 04:00 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I ride the stiffealst of stiff boots the 32 prime and I love em. Prior to owning the prime I was riding a pair of vans hi standard. The hi standard were damn comfortable out of box but immediately after my first session on them I noticed major major heel lift, I also happened to injure myself that day. I blamed the non supportive vans and my noodley board, so I swapped out my soft setup for a gnu Billy goat, 32 prime, Burton malavitas. $h1t$ hella pimp and rides like a dream. Anyway back to the topic, my vans had heel lift issue at the tightest setting soooo go try it out.
j1nftw1n is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
SnowOwl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bear Mountain
Posts: 898
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by j1nftw1n View Post
Anyway back to the topic, my vans had heel lift issue at the tightest setting soooo go try it out.
I saw vans address that issue specifically in their description. Plus it has a boa system for that plus the traditional lacing. Maybe It's fixed?
SnowOwl is offline  
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 08:34 PM
Veteran Member
 
Efilnikufesin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: LI NY
Posts: 530
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerkat89 View Post
So my boa system on my K2 Maysis broke so obviously I need a new pair. Vans Infuse caught my eye. Only problem is I saw their flex was pretty low, and I remember reading Jed's article:

"Personally I find really soft boots to be junk because they break down too fast. Too soft doesnít give you support and you have to replace them earlier because theyíll turn to mush quickly, but I guess if some people like super soft boots and donít mind having to replace them quicker then thatís their choice.

Stiff boots all get more and more flexible as they wear down, so a stiff boot can actually end up with the same stiffness as a soft boot if you use them long enough. Personally I tend to stick to mid stiff and up when it comes to buying boots, but thatís my preference."

I don't have the funds to constantly replace my boots. Anyone have any remarks regarding this to help with my worry about my boots breaking down, or any experience with the Vans Infuse?
Did you check for replacement for your broken boa system? Most of that should be under warranty.
Efilnikufesin is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 08:41 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,966
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerkat89 View Post
So my boa system on my K2 Maysis broke so obviously I need a new pair.
Which part of the Boa broke. Most things are fixable...
hktrdr is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 11:15 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 585
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hktrdr View Post
Which part of the Boa broke. Most things are fixable...
I second this. Unless you totally destroyed the thing to it's core you should be able to fix it. BOA will send you any free replacement parts for free as often as you need it. I've already replaced my BOAs twice when I snapped the knobs off a couple times. Kinda annoying, but super easy to fix.
Rookie09 is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
SnowOwl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bear Mountain
Posts: 898
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie09 View Post
I second this. Unless you totally destroyed the thing to it's core you should be able to fix it. BOA will send you any free replacement parts for free as often as you need it. I've already replaced my BOAs twice when I snapped the knobs off a couple times. Kinda annoying, but super easy to fix.
Not the knobs. an anchor to the sides for the cables ripped out and as a result the plastic anchors to the tongue were ripped in half by the cable
SnowOwl is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome