Kaijus Nike boots...what size do I get??? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013, 07:13 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NEW YORK, NY
Posts: 413
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Kaijus Nike boots...what size do I get???

Hello my fellow riders as y'all already know that time has come to start picking up some new gear for the up coming season. Now, I'm pretty much set but stuck with a decision. I'm looking to buy a pair of Kaijus Nike boots but unsure of what size to get. Reason being is I had own a pair of zoom AF1 in my regular shoe size (9) and after half a season they were pack the fuck out. So I had to sell them. It was so bad that someone who wore a size 10 were able to buy the boots. So really my question to you guys are,do the Kaijus act the same way?? And should I get an 8 1/2 this time or stick with a size 9.

Need as much input on this as possible.
Thanks
Shread hard
Sii315 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 01:20 AM
Banned
 
Sick-Pow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,314
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
the answer is.......yes.
Sick-Pow is offline  
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NEW YORK, NY
Posts: 413
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick-Pow View Post
the answer is.......yes.
That doesn't answer anything...yes to what?
Sii315 is offline  
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 09:50 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Deacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hudson, WI
Posts: 2,253
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sii315 View Post
That doesn't answer anything...yes to what?
I'd say he's saying yes, they'll pack the same, and if you didn't like what went down with your last pair, you should try a smaller size.


Riding this season...

2015 The Rat
2007 The Experience
Deacon is offline  
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NEW YORK, NY
Posts: 413
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deacon View Post
I'd say he's saying yes, they'll pack the same, and if you didn't like what went down with your last pair, you should try a smaller size.

My last pair was a different model so just wanted to make sure by having some feed back from members of this forum
Sii315 is offline  
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-18-2013, 06:39 PM
Senior Member
 
Littlebigdreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 203
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
There's lots of discussion on every forum about boot sizing that's why many don't really want to answer you.

But I'll try to help... I just bought a pair of Nike Kaiju boots this summer too btw.

First of all, your regular shoe size means nothing. People have different preferences when they wear their shoes, some like it snug fit, some like to wear 1 or even 2 sizes bigger. Usually people will say "oh buy 1 size or 0.5 size smaller", but that's just because on average people wear 1 size bigger. That does not mean that you are actually doing that with your "regular shoes" though.

So what you gotta actually figure out is your actual foot size. The best way to do this is just to go to a store and try out boots, or ask them to figure out your size for you.

Once you got that, then you need to be looking for a pair of boots that's as tight as possible on your feet without hurting them. That's, again, USUALLY half a size smaller than your actual size. If you are gonna buy online, you still might as well try sizes in a local shop before you pull the trigger.

Also worth noting specific to the Kaiju boots is that someone (that seem to know what he's talking about) mentioned on a different forum that the difference in half sizes for the Kaiju boots is just the liner. For example, size 8.5 = size 9 boot, size 8 liner. So you might want to keep that in mind when people mention that their boots feel "narrower" and stuff.
Littlebigdreams is offline  
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-19-2013, 06:36 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NEW YORK, NY
Posts: 413
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebigdreams View Post
There's lots of discussion on every forum about boot sizing that's why many don't really want to answer you.

But I'll try to help... I just bought a pair of Nike Kaiju boots this summer too btw.

First of all, your regular shoe size means nothing. People have different preferences when they wear their shoes, some like it snug fit, some like to wear 1 or even 2 sizes bigger. Usually people will say "oh buy 1 size or 0.5 size smaller", but that's just because on average people wear 1 size bigger. That does not mean that you are actually doing that with your "regular shoes" though.

So what you gotta actually figure out is your actual foot size. The best way to do this is just to go to a store and try out boots, or ask them to figure out your size for you.

Once you got that, then you need to be looking for a pair of boots that's as tight as possible on your feet without hurting them. That's, again, USUALLY half a size smaller than your actual size. If you are gonna buy online, you still might as well try sizes in a local shop before you pull the trigger.

Also worth noting specific to the Kaiju boots is that someone (that seem to know what he's talking about) mentioned on a different forum that the difference in half sizes for the Kaiju boots is just the liner. For example, size 8.5 = size 9 boot, size 8 liner. So you might want to keep that in mind when people mention that their boots feel "narrower" and stuff.
Thanks so much man I appreciate it. My boots came in yesterday went with the 8.5 haven't tried them yet but will do today and leave some feedback
Sii315 is offline  
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-24-2013, 11:08 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Masshole
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So how did the sizing work out for you? I'm curious about the same thing. I'm a size 8 in K2's and a size 8.5 in ThirtyTwo's...so I figure I'm one of those just not sure which.
tostyj is offline  
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-26-2013, 10:46 AM
Junior Member
 
ThirtyTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tostyj View Post
So how did the sizing work out for you? I'm curious about the same thing. I'm a size 8 in K2's and a size 8.5 in ThirtyTwo's...so I figure I'm one of those just not sure which.
I'd also like to know this!

I am a 9.5(US) in 2013 Burton Hails
ThirtyTwo is offline  
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-26-2013, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NEW YORK, NY
Posts: 413
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm very happy with the purchase....glad I went down 1/2 feels nice and snug walked around for about 30 mins or so with them on and wish they made work boots like this....true test lies ahead when the season starts
Recommend you go 1/2 to a full size down if you can relating to my past experience
Sii315 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome