09' Burton X8 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2009, 09:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
hm1sfidc
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Thumbs up 09' Burton X8

Ok so I got a Burton Cuxtom X 158, love it. I wanted one with a lil more flex and a park board. I looked at quite a few, opted to go with the Burton X8 due to teh face I have teh EST Triads for the channel system alreay. Did not want to drop alot of coin on an entire new set up. Got the 09' X8 50% off at local shop eny of season sale !! SHWING Spent $250.00.

Prett cool looking top sheet, I was worried because it was burton, but this was one sick ass whip. I wish I could explain, engages well, talk about grip, at high speeds no chatter what so ever. good flex, great pop, I was stickin %%%%% that on the custom X I would normally bail on, I know I know the Custom X is a stiff one. Man I love my 155 X8. killer. Took to the hill in no time, no leraning curve I was ridin the shit outta it. Too bad I got it and the mountain closed today. I am seriously thinking about a trip to Mammoth, this board IMHO is sick.

DISCIPLINE: All Mountain Freestyle
SHAPE: Twin
FEEL: Medium
CORE: Park Fly III Core
Multizone EGD
Negative Core Profile
REINFORCEMENTS: Infinite Ride
BASE: Sintered N2O WFO
FIBERGLASS: Triax Response
SIDECUT: Radial

Twin-tipped with a smooth flex and all the premium upgrades, the X8 unites skate-style fun with the speed, precision, and weight savings expected of high-performance decks. The graphics transform as temperatures drop; while the Infinite Channel System opens to unlimited stance possibilities. The X8 is a modern all-mountain freestyle board with a true twin shape and Burton's Park Fly III Core.

  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-23-2009, 08:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
mjd
Senior Member
 
mjd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: neverbored RI
Posts: 375
Default Burton X8

I got this board a couples of weeks in the 151. I bought it strictly for park but was definitely surprised at how well it held together bombing down a few runs. It's soft but maybe not a 3 as Burton rates it. My Hero is softer and that's rated a 4. My Graft is softer too. The board is fast and light and it's a breeze to spin. I didn't have any problems on landing kickers and it held together nice even on really sketchy landings. My only complaint is that I don't think it has that much pop which makes getting up on rails a little trickier. Maybe I should've gone with the 55. Either way it's a good board and holds an edge nice but I'll mostly use it for park rails and booters.
mjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
jmacphee9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Detroit
Posts: 2,335
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjd View Post
I got this board a couples of weeks in the 151. I bought it strictly for park but was definitely surprised at how well it held together bombing down a few runs. It's soft but maybe not a 3 as Burton rates it. My Hero is softer and that's rated a 4. My Graft is softer too. The board is fast and light and it's a breeze to spin. I didn't have any problems on landing kickers and it held together nice even on really sketchy landings. My only complaint is that I don't think it has that much pop which makes getting up on rails a little trickier. Maybe I should've gone with the 55. Either way it's a good board and holds an edge nice but I'll mostly use it for park rails and booters.
burton doesnt even have a flex scale, they have a "feel" scale which is different.
__________________
Lib Tech Skate banana
Flow NXT-FS
Nike kaiju
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 12:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
mjd
Senior Member
 
mjd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: neverbored RI
Posts: 375
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
burton doesnt even have a flex scale, they have a "feel" scale which is different.
Point being? How is it different. If a board has more flex than another board shouldn't you be able to "feel" it?
mjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 01:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Enigmatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: So Cal - Bear Mountain
Posts: 484
Default

the X8 is sweet, nice purchase, let us know if you have problems with that ICS tho, im still curious about that
Enigmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 01:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Birk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Norway
Posts: 224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
the X8 is sweet, nice purchase, let us know if you have problems with that ICS tho, im still curious about that
I've ridden the ICS for a season now and it works like a charm. A buddy of mine has last years x8 (first one with ics), and that still works, even after 2 seasons. It's kick-ass!
__________________
zeBirk.
ASL?
Birk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums