FS: almost new 2011 Ride DH2 157 - super rare graphics - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2012, 07:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lernr View Post
^^ Dude - a hairdryer for 5 min + some citrus base cleaner and the pad and residue will be gone like nobody's business
sorry but not true in all cases, I have a 05-06 k2 fuse wide with a shiny topsheet and it came with a stomp pad... Long story short, yes I did remove the stomp pad and the residue but now where the pad was is very slippery and hard to lock your foot into when your getting off the lift, but nice try coming in here trying to justify something that I have lots of experience with Incase you didn't know but not all stomp pads are made the same and neither are the topsheets lol, So not worth the risk to found out in my opinion. Could you imagine trying to remove a sticky stomp pad from a never summer that has a carbonium topsheet, and still come out with it looking pristine?

Last edited by budderbear; 06-11-2012 at 07:24 PM.
budderbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-11-2012, 07:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lernr View Post
ha - $10! A good wax job is much more expensive here...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lernr View Post
not for me - I wax, tune, and do minor repairs myself. I am saving even more than you
Quote:
Originally Posted by lernr View Post
Whatever. Some day you'll grow up too

I was out there riding today, with skiers and boarders. How many here can say that they rode today too? 'nuff said.

Do you enjoy being a pretentious assclown, or does it just come natural too you ? Go back to skiing, you'll fit right in. Also, I would imagine since I wax, tune, and do minor repairs as well, then where saving pretty much the same, where as if we bothed paid for waxes then indead you would save more $ then me only because you would be getting ripped off in the first place , less $ up front = less savings... guess thats a choice i'll have to live with.

Last edited by budderbear; 06-11-2012 at 07:41 PM.
budderbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
The Rooster King
 
ShredLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,237
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by budderbear View Post
sorry but not true in all cases, I have a 05-06 k2 fuse wide with a shiny topsheet and it came with a stomp pad... Long story short, yes I did remove the stomp pad and the residue but now where the pad was is very slippery and hard to lock your foot into when your getting off the lift, but nice try coming in here trying to justify something that I have lots of experience with Incase you didn't know but not all stomp pads are made the same and neither are the topsheets lol, So not worth the risk to found out in my opinion. Could you imagine trying to remove a sticky stomp pad from a never summer that has a carbonium topsheet, and still come out with it looking pristine?


Quote:
Originally Posted by budderbear View Post
Do you enjoy being a pretentious assclown, or does it just come natural too you ? Go back to skiing, you'll fit right in. Also, I would imagine since I wax, tune, and do minor repairs as well, where saving pretty much the same, where as if we bothed paid for waxes then indead you would save more $ then me only because you would be getting ripped off in the first place , less $ up front = less savings... guess thats a choice i'll have to live with.
sounds like it comes natural to you...
ShredLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 178
Default

Hahaha - that's some funny shit. Can't believe you went to the trouble to dig stuff up, I don't even think all addressed to you...

anyway, I'll make you an offer: since I have a Carbonium topsheet NS, you send me the pad of your choice and I'll make a video of sticking and removing it - I am willing to take the risk that there may be something left

and for the record, I have removed both pads and pyramids from several K2 boards with shiny topsheets without any issues (but they were newer)

last - I'll give you this: yes, I agree that some combo of top and pad may be tricky. Happy now
lernr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
sounds like it comes natural to you...
sounds like you put alot of thought and effort into that one
budderbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lernr View Post
Hahaha - that's some funny shit. Can't believe you went to the trouble to dig stuff up, I don't even think all addressed to you...

anyway, I'll make you an offer: since I have a Carbonium topsheet NS, you send me the pad of your choice and I'll make a video of sticking and removing it - I am willing to take the risk that there may be something left

and for the record, I have removed both pads and pyramids from several K2 boards with shiny topsheets without any issues (but they were newer)

last - I'll give you this: yes, I agree that some combo of top and pad may be tricky. Happy now
haha fine but you gotta leave it on there for at least 3 full days of riding
budderbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:34 PM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lernr View Post
Hahaha - that's some funny shit. Can't believe you went to the trouble to dig stuff up, I don't even think all addressed to you...

anyway, I'll make you an offer: since I have a Carbonium topsheet NS, you send me the pad of your choice and I'll make a video of sticking and removing it - I am willing to take the risk that there may be something left

and for the record, I have removed both pads and pyramids from several K2 boards with shiny topsheets without any issues (but they were newer)

last - I'll give you this: yes, I agree that some combo of top and pad may be tricky. Happy now
Didn't take much diggin, it was all on the first page of your profile and yes I think all of it was, unless maybe the last one, but you replied it right after my post
budderbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:32 PM   #18 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
DrnknZag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,105
Default

Whoa, this thread blew up......

Quote:
Originally Posted by budderbear View Post
Ahh nice looking board. I collect rare, limited, short production boards, its a pity theres a stomp pad on it though. I usually just use the force of my leg to keep me locked in back there when I'm getting off a lift, so a stomp pad, or stomp pad residue is a no-no for me. If you have any other rare stuff available in the future though, p.m. me first (size 153-161 boards, 11-11.5 boots, large bindings, ect)
The stomp pad is gone, and no residue is left on the topsheet. I'll grab some pictures of it all cleaned up later this week.
DrnknZag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:55 AM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 178
Default

Sorry Zag - I was trying to help. glad to hear the pad came out ok
lernr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:18 AM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 58
Default pm sent

Pm sent.............
jdunnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums