Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Buy and Sell Snowboard Equipment (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy-sell-snowboard-equipment/)
-   -   WTB: Solid all mt. board (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy-sell-snowboard-equipment/50883-wtb-solid-all-mt-board.html)

sk8_choco21 11-05-2012 03:46 PM

WTB: Solid all mt. board
 
I am an all mountain rider with an emphasis on park. So I need a board that i can mainly jib but also something that i can also take off of 30+ kickers. I am 5' 10" and about 145 so anything from 151-154 is good, any on have anything?!

CalvaryCougar 11-05-2012 03:56 PM

What about the Zion wonk?
http://www.shayboarder.com/2011/11/s...zion-wonk.html


Sounds like what you want and its only 250 new

david_z 11-05-2012 04:06 PM

sk8_choco_21 not sure if you're looking for an all-mountain board that can handle park or a park board that can handle a little bit of all-mountain. Sounds like the latter is what you're looking for but just want to clarify. There's always gonna be some tradeoff one way or the other, no board is perfect at everything :)

full disclosure CalvaryCougar works (or worked) for Zion. Now I haven't ridden that board and I'm not saying anything about the brand or the board specifically, just want you to be aware when someone is trying to promote his/her company which *might* be a conflict of interest preventing them from giving you completely unbiased advice. It might be exactly what you're looking for, but it might not be, I really don't know. Just want you to be informed, that's all.

CalvaryCougar 11-05-2012 04:16 PM

Well actually I don't get paid by them. They sent me a board cause my father was thinking about investing but alas it never worked out. I'm pay for the board at the price it cost the owner. But honestly I love my woah man and the board is super durable. More so than my parkstar. I guess I should start mentioning that! And davidz I need to talk to the owner to get you a board to test .:)

And that's why I refered to shay the experts review of it. :laugh:

Oh and I'm a dude...I should have picked a different screen name

sk8_choco21 11-05-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david_z (Post 534774)
sk8_choco_21 not sure if you're looking for an all-mountain board that can handle park or a park board that can handle a little bit of all-mountain. Sounds like the latter is what you're looking for but just want to clarify. There's always gonna be some tradeoff one way or the other, no board is perfect at everything :)

full disclosure CalvaryCougar works (or worked) for Zion. Now I haven't ridden that board and I'm not saying anything about the brand or the board specifically, just want you to be aware when someone is trying to promote his/her company which *might* be a conflict of interest preventing them from giving you completely unbiased advice. It might be exactly what you're looking for, but it might not be, I really don't know. Just want you to be informed, that's all.

thanks for the heads up! and CavalryCougar i was looking more for a used board that i could pick up for around $100-$180

david_z 11-05-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalvaryCougar (Post 534781)
Well actually I don't get paid by them. They sent me a board cause my father was thinking about investing but alas it never worked out. I'm pay for the board at the price it cost the owner. But honestly I love my woah man and the board is super durable. More so than my parkstar. I guess I should start mentioning that! And davidz I need to talk to the owner to get you a board to test .:)

And that's why I refered to shay the experts review of it. :laugh:

Oh and I'm a dude...I should have picked a different screen name

Ah fair enough thanks for clarifying I though you were working as a rep for them so my bad. cheers.

david_z 11-05-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sk8_choco21 (Post 534813)
thanks for the heads up! and CavalryCougar i was looking more for a used board that i could pick up for around $100-$180

There's a couple new/old-stock decks on evo.com for under $180 last I looked there was like a Rossi Taipan for $180, Rossi Trickstick $160 and Rossi Jibsaw for $175 but I don't have any experience on either of those I think the Jibsaw gets good enough reviews that would be a far better bet than something used, as long as they have one in your size.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2