Filming in Manitoba - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2014, 07:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 10
Default Filming in Manitoba

Hey everyone, I'm new here and i have a confession.

I can't ride to save my life.

I can however film and photograph fairly well. This spring i worked with a friend of mine to edit together a fairly sick video. I now feel empty waiting on the snow to melt so i can move onto the next project which is mountain biking. However this won't be the only snowboard project in my life. I just have too much fun with my camera.

Happy riding and i hope to work with a lot of people in the future documenting sick lines and wicked stunts.

Riley V: https://youtu.be/5fmbY9qH4ug
Sokolovic is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-18-2014, 08:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 9,924
Default

Evidently our definitions of "fairly well" are completely off. That edit was fucking horrid. Shaky cam, whack angles, a rider monologue from what looks like a meth addict, mediocre riding ability, and you made a 6 plus minute edit. I turned it off after 20 seconds of fast forwarding around because it was that bad.
__________________
Angry Snowboarder Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is offline  
Old 03-18-2014, 08:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Evidently our definitions of "fairly well" are completely off. That edit was fucking horrid. Shaky cam, whack angles, a rider monologue from what looks like a meth addict, mediocre riding ability, and you made a 6 plus minute edit. I turned it off after 20 seconds of fast forwarding around because it was that bad.
So you didn't watch it then. It isn't like i have transworld type stuff here. There are no mountains, i don't own a $40,000 camera. So let's see what you can come up with if your so good? Where are your videos? I can rip them apart just as well.
Sokolovic is offline  
Old 03-18-2014, 08:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 9,924
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokolovic View Post
So you didn't watch it then. It isn't like i have transworld type stuff here. There are no mountains, i don't own a $40,000 camera. So let's see what you can come up with if your so good? Where are your videos? I can rip them apart just as well.
You really want to go down this road junior? A poor camerman blames his equipment.

Part of my job is watching edits. I probably watch more snowboard edits before you wake up and go to school on any given day than you've seen in your lifetime.

I'm sure you can "attempt" to rip them apart the only difference is I actually have an audience that watches them.

10k plus views.

Filmed in 3 hours.

Women with more talent than your guy.

Experimental edit concept of vs. mode.

Filmed in 5 hours.

Need more examples child? Oh BTW filmed almost all of those with a 100 dollar fisheye, stock lens kit for a 300 dollar camera, and a handle that cost less than 40 bucks. Don't see any 40k worth of equipment there.

Now here's your little butt hurt message you sent me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokolovic View Post
Instead of just saying "hey you suck gtfo!" you could offer constructive criticism instead. An example of that is "your angle at (timecode here) was distracting because of XYZ. I would have done it with the camera at ABC instead because it would have shown 123 better".

What you offered instead was a troll response.
First off you don't snowboard, I do. That right there changes the whole dynamic. It's not that you used to snowboard and can't, it's that you don't. So you have no idea how to film snowboarding or what even looks good.

Yeah I didn't bother watching the whole thing. I could devote 6 plus minutes to watching an edit that sucks ass, or I could load up three other 2 minute edits that might not suck ass because the people actually snowboard that filmed it.

Why would I help you, does nothing for me and you have 3 posts on here just promoting your crappy edit. No reason to help you.

I didn't troll you. If I trolled you, you would know it. I flamed you and you obviously forgot your flame retardant pants. You are from the idiot generation of "I was told I was special and everything I do is awesome." News flash it wasn't special and you aren't special.

So you want to step into the arena kid? Because I really don't care if I throw you under the bus. At the end of the day I know snowboard edits and filming more than you.
__________________
Angry Snowboarder Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is offline  
Old 03-18-2014, 08:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Deacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hudson, WI
Posts: 1,667
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokolovic View Post
So you didn't watch it then. It isn't like i have transworld type stuff here. There are no mountains, i don't own a $40,000 camera. So let's see what you can come up with if your so good? Where are your videos? I can rip them apart just as well.
wrong guy to pick a fight with on this subject. your best bet would be to politely ask for tips.

I did watch it, and im no expert, but I thought I was ok... except I would limit the amount of that dudes voice. I found him.... unlikable. maybe it's the generation gap.

learn to ride too. nothing better.
__________________
Looking forward to the season
SO much stoke, so little snow.
Deacon is offline  
Old 03-18-2014, 09:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 10
Default

Thanks deacon, appreciate the tip.

Burton avenger, i admit I'm a little butthurt about your comments but you had so much venom in it for no reason really. Calling someone a child is both rude and would get you punched in the mouth by this grown man if you did it to my face. Also i doubt you get up at 330 am to go to work. I understand where you're coming from with your position on this but keep in mind for the very first try at any sport video it will suck compared to seasoned professionals. This is my first try at it ever and i didn't exactly have Shawn White to film, i had my Co-worker.

So what's so bad about finishing out the song chosen btw? To me a major pet peeve of watching these types of vids is it being cut off prematurely just as im getting into the action. But I'll keep it in mind for the future.

What angles are so crappy btw? Second person out of the 600 views to say this, and I'm always down for improving.

Last edited by Sokolovic; 03-18-2014 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Words
Sokolovic is offline  
Old 03-18-2014, 10:34 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
DiggerXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 131
Default

I watched most of it. There were pros and cons. The biggest con was watching some "meth addict" try to get all deep about snowboarding. Not a fan of that stuff.
DiggerXJ is offline  
Old 03-18-2014, 04:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggerXJ View Post
I watched most of it. There were pros and cons. The biggest con was watching some "meth addict" try to get all deep about snowboarding. Not a fan of that stuff.
Noted

Honestly everything people say good and bad helps in the future. It's all data in my eyes to help improve the next video. Looking at the analytics is also very helpful.

My next project is going to be much better because of this.

And rereading your post Burton Avenger, what handle do you use? And how is it used?
Sokolovic is offline  
Old 03-18-2014, 06:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 9,924
Default

Are you saying I wouldn't say this to your face? Sadly you would be horribly mistaken. I give zero fucks if it offends people or causes them to throw logic and reasoning out the window and resort to physical violence.

The fact you came here to promote just your edit is the only reason for this harshness. Might be great to show to your family and friends, but alas we are not those people. Some here who just don't care will more than likely ego stroke you, I'm not one of those people.

I'm not going to devote 6 plus minutes of my life to something that is below mediocre. If you can't grasp my attention in 20 seconds or when I fast forward it a minute in, no point in saying it's so great. Plenty of Youtube Tutorials out there, might want to start watching and learning.
__________________
Angry Snowboarder Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is offline  
Old 03-18-2014, 06:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Are you saying I wouldn't say this to your face? Sadly you would be horribly mistaken. I give zero fucks if it offends people or causes them to throw logic and reasoning out the window and resort to physical violence.

The fact you came here to promote just your edit is the only reason for this harshness. Might be great to show to your family and friends, but alas we are not those people. Some here who just don't care will more than likely ego stroke you, I'm not one of those people.

I'm not going to devote 6 plus minutes of my life to something that is below mediocre. If you can't grasp my attention in 20 seconds or when I fast forward it a minute in, no point in saying it's so great. Plenty of Youtube Tutorials out there, might want to start watching and learning.
Its not what you say its how your saying it is what i take issue with. If you spoke to anyone that way in real life i would hope they put you in your place. And just so you know by taking the time to come in here and insult me by calling me names you have devoted more than 6 minutes.

I wasnt looking for a 'fight' i was introducing myself to this community, which has proved very hostile for no reason other than to ego stroke some guy out in BC who has the attitude of I'm better than anyone here...

Thanks BurtonAvenger. I hope to meet some other people here who maybe have some class when it comes to speaking with other people. Even when i ask for specifics you can't deliver in any nice way. You resort to juvenile name calling and school yard bully tactics. I still haven't called you any name other than your own and yet you still seem to want to push me around. Why?
Sokolovic is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:07 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums