Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Eastern Canada (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/eastern-canada/)
-   -   Mont Tremblant Trip...Now? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/eastern-canada/44044-mont-tremblant-trip-now.html)

mechsnow 12-10-2011 01:27 PM

Mont Tremblant Trip...Now?
 
Hey Guys,

I'm dying to get on the slopes, but as every hill around toronto keeps pushing their opening day back......well, it just sucks. I don't have a vehicle currently but if anyone wants to head up to Montreal within the next day or 2, even for 1 day i will split the gas / hotel and be eternally grateful!

I'm a 21 year old male snowboarder, can hit anything but to be honest just prefer to dick around on the hill, finding random hits and buttering.

Let me know!

(Also, I live in port credit (Mississauga) but can meet anywhere in the GTA.

Jay

aiidoneus 12-10-2011 07:43 PM

I will be at tremblant for few days this week, if you make it here let me know.

Pudg3 12-12-2011 01:50 PM

I'm down to leave this Thursday evening. I'm in Mississauga as well. You down?

Bones 12-12-2011 05:10 PM

Only one trail on each side of the top half of the mountain is open right now. Yes, Tremblant counts them as 3 on each side, but they're just parts of 3 trails linked together.

They are making snow, but I'd keep checking their trail report before I drove 6 hours.

Pudg3 12-12-2011 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bones (Post 452368)
Only one trail on each side of the top half of the mountain is open right now. Yes, Tremblant counts them as 3 on each side, but they're just parts of 3 trails linked together.

They are making snow, but I'd keep checking their trail report before I drove 6 hours.

Their forecast looks pretty good for this week though. Would you be down for a trip if the conditions are good Bones?

Bones 12-12-2011 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pudg3 (Post 452386)
Their forecast looks pretty good for this week though. Would you be down for a trip if the conditions are good Bones?

Ummm... Tuesday the 13th is calling for freezing drizzle and +1, Thursday is rain all day +7. Calling for 10cm next Monday though

I'm in Ottawa and a couple of co-workers went up Saturday because it was a T-66 day and the 24hrs of Tremblant was on. They said that what there was open wasn't too bad considering the recent weather and the fact that they didn't pay, but there was only the 2 half runs. You take the gondola to the top, do the runs on the top part and then you have to take the gondola back down.

If you're willing to drive 6 hours, then you might want to head elsewhere. Things sound a little better in Vermont, New Hampshire

aiidoneus 12-13-2011 02:33 PM

There are some decent runs open. Today was good in the morning, but it has warmed up. I am probably going to head home for a few days, wed or thurs is calling for freezing rain. Hopefully be better next week.

You can now snowboard to the bottom, Mcculloch and beauvallon bas are open now. But it is mostly just the top part that is open.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2