Regional: Eastern Canada - Page 15 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2009, 06:01 AM   #141 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
milner_7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Stoney Creek. ON
Posts: 199
Default

Heading out solo today. first time out this year. Going to Holiday. Need to get some runs in as I am hitting Whistler Blackcomb in Jan and Tremblant in Feb. Woot!!
milner_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-16-2009, 10:06 AM   #142 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by milner_7 View Post
Heading out solo today. first time out this year. Going to Holiday. Need to get some runs in as I am hitting Whistler Blackcomb in Jan and Tremblant in Feb. Woot!!
Ill be at tremblant in feb too for fam. day weekend! woot!

So what's the deal with holiday.. just lots of snow? good conditions? how's the drive there? I wanna go!
hyp0xia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 01:20 PM   #143 (permalink)
Member
 
Pudg3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 65
Default

Holiday Valley had amazing conditions when I went over the weekend but the warm spell on Sunday/Monday significantly reduced the amount of snow. But I'm sure it's back up to speed now with their snowmaking. Only a 2-3 hour drive from the GTA which isn't bad.
Pudg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 02:32 PM   #144 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudg3 View Post
Holiday Valley had amazing conditions when I went over the weekend but the warm spell on Sunday/Monday significantly reduced the amount of snow. But I'm sure it's back up to speed now with their snowmaking. Only a 2-3 hour drive from the GTA which isn't bad.

Would it not be easier to just drive to st. louie or something? Or is Holiday worth the extra cpl hours?

edit: Just read a few pages back about potential meets to horseshoe and holiday. I am right off the 401 at Weston rd. just before the 400 so I am on the way to lots of places. I am really down for some riding sessions. I work during the week till about 5:30pm and have weekends off. Last year (when I first started) I did a lot of riding at horseshoe on Sunday nights (only 20 bux).

Keep me posted!

Last edited by hyp0xia; 12-16-2009 at 03:56 PM.
hyp0xia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:52 PM   #145 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
milner_7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Stoney Creek. ON
Posts: 199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyp0xia View Post
Ill be at tremblant in feb too for fam. day weekend! woot!

So what's the deal with holiday.. just lots of snow? good conditions? how's the drive there? I wanna go!
It was pretty epic today. Powder for the taking. It snowed all day. They were making snow as well. Only set back was the limited runs open, Definatly worth the drive and much better than MSLM and Horseshoe. I like it better than Blue also. The drive is a breeze.

Last edited by milner_7; 12-16-2009 at 08:18 PM.
milner_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:29 PM   #146 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by milner_7 View Post
It was pretty epic today. Powder for the taking. It snowed all day. They were making snow as well. Only set back was the limited runs open, Definatly worth the drive and much better than MSLM and Horseshoe. I like it better than Blue also. The drive is a breeze.
Damn, that sounds awesome man. How often do you go up?? I'd really like to make it out there this season. Thanks for the info.
hyp0xia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:54 AM   #147 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
kri$han's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 1,486
Default

Updates:

- Glen Eden offically opens tomorrow; although no mention of what/how much will be open.

- Blue Mountain has 8/35 runs open; Maybe a few more by this weekend, I think, but I doubt they'll be over 50%

- Holiday Valley has 17/56 trails open; has probablilty of about the same number of trails for this weekend.

- Moonstone has 14/40 runs open: pretty much only the st. louis side is open, no indication of more opening by this weekend.

Fack man, this season is starting slowly. I'm debating Holiday Valley on Saturday or Sunday. Web cam doesn't show much powder, though....
__________________
Official 'Eh' Team representative

Kris
Toronto Prelude Club
kri$han is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:02 PM   #148 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kri$han View Post
Updates:

- Glen Eden offically opens tomorrow; although no mention of what/how much will be open.

- Blue Mountain has 8/35 runs open; Maybe a few more by this weekend, I think, but I doubt they'll be over 50%

- Holiday Valley has 17/56 trails open; has probablilty of about the same number of trails for this weekend.

- Moonstone has 14/40 runs open: pretty much only the st. louis side is open, no indication of more opening by this weekend.

Fack man, this season is starting slowly. I'm debating Holiday Valley on Saturday or Sunday. Web cam doesn't show much powder, though....
Sweet! Thanks for the update.. Can't wait to get out.
hyp0xia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:15 PM   #149 (permalink)
bdox
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

From the Holiday Valley Website at 6AM

Quote:
New snow and more on the way! We have 17 slopes plus the Rail Park and 5 lifts open with more for the weekend. Snowmaking resumed Tuesday PM. Morning Star and Sunrise to open for the weekend ahead.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:01 PM   #150 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 53
Default

Thanks for the update bdox. Just replied to your PM.. super pumped to meet some new people this season.
hyp0xia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums