Regional: Eastern Canada - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2009, 09:13 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by milner_7 View Post
How was Horseshoe? I have been there once although it was a long time ago. I am heading back to Holiday Valley this weekend. I am going to take my new Forum Grudge out for the day. Can't wait
We actually didn't end up going With the warm weather & rain we got Thurs/Fri, then the bitter cold on Sat, we weren't sure what conditions would be like.

Ended up at Blue on Sun, though...icy, as expected. The south runs were littered with chunks of ice, some the size of tennis balls! Did snow a bit during the day, and conditions were a bit better in the middle.

Would love to check out Holiday Valley, but renewing my passport is just a pain.

Heard the whole Georgian Bay area might get 10cm of snow this Sat, so will head to either Blue or St. Louis. Will probably be the last outing of the season

Maybe next winter, we can organize a meet for southern ON boarders at Holiday Valley.
Siren is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-02-2009, 09:42 PM   #22 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
milner_7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Stoney Creek. ON
Posts: 199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siren View Post
We actually didn't end up going With the warm weather & rain we got Thurs/Fri, then the bitter cold on Sat, we weren't sure what conditions would be like.

Ended up at Blue on Sun, though...icy, as expected. The south runs were littered with chunks of ice, some the size of tennis balls! Did snow a bit during the day, and conditions were a bit better in the middle.

Would love to check out Holiday Valley, but renewing my passport is just a pain.

Heard the whole Georgian Bay area might get 10cm of snow this Sat, so will head to either Blue or St. Louis. Will probably be the last outing of the season

Maybe next winter, we can organize a meet for southern ON boarders at Holiday Valley.
Have fun. You can use a new enhanced drivers licence to get to the USA if you dont want to spend the time and money on a passport.

And a get together for us in Southern ON is a great idea. Im in
milner_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:34 AM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 53
Default

Hi All

Im desperate to get one last run of snowboarding in before the season comes to an end. Can anyone recommend any park that would potentially be of some value to goto around this time? I am in southern ON. Thanks so much.
hyp0xia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:15 PM   #24 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
milner_7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Stoney Creek. ON
Posts: 199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyp0xia View Post
Hi All

Im desperate to get one last run of snowboarding in before the season comes to an end. Can anyone recommend any park that would potentially be of some value to goto around this time? I am in southern ON. Thanks so much.
I am hitting Holiday Valley this weekend. Still lots of runs open and I believe there is snow expected
milner_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:30 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by milner_7 View Post
I am hitting Holiday Valley this weekend. Still lots of runs open and I believe there is snow expected
sh*t... i dont have a passport or a 2nd generation license..

arg!
hyp0xia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:14 PM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyp0xia View Post
Hi All

Im desperate to get one last run of snowboarding in before the season comes to an end. Can anyone recommend any park that would potentially be of some value to goto around this time? I am in southern ON. Thanks so much.
Unless we get a sudden, unexpected dumping, I'm fearing the season's pretty much done in southern ON

I'm dying to get one more day out, too! But saw some pics of Blue from this past Sunday, and it looked pretty nasty...looked like bare patches all over the place.

I'm still keeping watch on the weather network for snow in collingwood and/or moonstone...
Siren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:37 PM   #27 (permalink)
Saibot
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siren View Post
We actually didn't end up going With the warm weather & rain we got Thurs/Fri, then the bitter cold on Sat, we weren't sure what conditions would be like.

Ended up at Blue on Sun, though...icy, as expected. The south runs were littered with chunks of ice, some the size of tennis balls! Did snow a bit during the day, and conditions were a bit better in the middle.

Would love to check out Holiday Valley, but renewing my passport is just a pain.

Heard the whole Georgian Bay area might get 10cm of snow this Sat, so will head to either Blue or St. Louis. Will probably be the last outing of the season

Maybe next winter, we can organize a meet for southern ON boarders at Holiday Valley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by milner_7 View Post
Have fun. You can use a new enhanced drivers licence to get to the USA if you dont want to spend the time and money on a passport.

And a get together for us in Southern ON is a great idea. Im in

MEET for southern ontarioers @ holiday valley? I'm definately in.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:55 PM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siren View Post
Unless we get a sudden, unexpected dumping, I'm fearing the season's pretty much done in southern ON

I'm dying to get one more day out, too! But saw some pics of Blue from this past Sunday, and it looked pretty nasty...looked like bare patches all over the place.

I'm still keeping watch on the weather network for snow in collingwood and/or moonstone...
thanks for the reply siren, if you hear anything.. anything at all.. just update this thread here.

cheers! i hope something works out for us..
hyp0xia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:29 PM   #29 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
milner_7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Stoney Creek. ON
Posts: 199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siren View Post
Unless we get a sudden, unexpected dumping, I'm fearing the season's pretty much done in southern ON

I'm dying to get one more day out, too! But saw some pics of Blue from this past Sunday, and it looked pretty nasty...looked like bare patches all over the place.

I'm still keeping watch on the weather network for snow in collingwood and/or moonstone...
I was at Moonstone last Sat and it was pretty good. A little slush in spots but not at all bare.
milner_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:01 AM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 53
Default

Okay so I woke up this morning and its snowing outside (toronto).. maybe there IS hope?

Last edited by hyp0xia; 03-12-2009 at 10:29 AM.
hyp0xia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums