Regional: Eastern Canada - Page 34 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #331 of 365 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011, 12:07 PM
Senior Member
 
boardaddicktd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: colorado
Posts: 323
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hows moonstone? ive never heard of it. i cant believe it compares to blue mountain cuz ive never heard of it???

BOARDADDICKTD
boardaddicktd is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #332 of 365 (permalink) Old 12-12-2011, 09:42 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Ryan_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 240
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's a slightly smaller hill, with just two lodges as the rental center and cafetaria. No touristy village like Blue or Tremblant. I like it cause it's 30 minutes closer to me than Blue and right off the 400, instead of crawling along some Barrie Police infested road at 80. It can be very decent when it's good.

Ryan -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ryan_T is offline  
post #333 of 365 (permalink) Old 12-12-2011, 11:34 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
jyuen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 397
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_T View Post
It's a slightly smaller hill, with just two lodges as the rental center and cafetaria. No touristy village like Blue or Tremblant. I like it cause it's 30 minutes closer to me than Blue and right off the 400, instead of crawling along some Barrie Police infested road at 80. It can be very decent when it's good.
it also has a much nicer park

2007 Rome Agent 155, 2011 Rome Artifact Rocker 150, 2012 Never Summer Proto CT 152
2011 Union Contacts, 2012 Flux SF45, 2008 Rome 390's (Retired)
2011 Zoom Kaiju, 2007 Thirtytwo Prospects (Retired)
jyuen is offline  
post #334 of 365 (permalink) Old 12-13-2011, 06:47 AM
Senior Member
 
boardaddicktd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: colorado
Posts: 323
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
alrighty good to know guys. might have to check it out sumtime. especially since their park is better cuz blue's park does kinda suck (at least when i was there). already have plans to head to blue next week before Christmas. hopefully they get some fresh lake effect before we show up!

BOARDADDICKTD
boardaddicktd is offline  
post #335 of 365 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 02:58 PM
Member
 
kittyripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: toronto, onterrible
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wow...worst winter ever anyway i'm looking for any opinions on places to go spring boarding out in quebec? hopefully there will be at least something left by then.
kittyripper is offline  
post #336 of 365 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 03:44 PM
Veteran Member
 
chupacabraman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Monashees
Posts: 876
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyripper View Post
wow...worst winter ever anyway i'm looking for any opinions on places to go spring boarding out in quebec? hopefully there will be at least something left by then.
It's actually been pretty good here around Quebec City. December was terrible, but we've made up for it with quite a bit of snow throughout Jan-Feb-Mar and almost no rain (until tomorrow at least, haha). Check out the depth map to see what I'm talking about: NOHRSC Interactive Snow Information
Even in the city there's quite a bit of snow on the ground: http://powderwatch.com/qzone/wp-cont...2/DSC00665.jpg
Le Massif de Charlevoix & Le Valinouet have both been getting dumped on consistently (412/530cm date), both have deep snowpacks (140/180cm), and probably the best conditions east of the Rockies. Not to mention the fact that Le Massif puts every other hill in eastern Canada to shame! Here's a little blog I wrote this week about a day at Le Massif: Le Massif day trip blog
Massif de Charlevoix - that's my recommendation.

Last edited by chupacabraman; 03-06-2012 at 03:48 PM.
chupacabraman is offline  
post #337 of 365 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 01:11 PM
Member
 
kittyripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: toronto, onterrible
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chupacabraman View Post
It's actually been pretty good here around Quebec City. December was terrible, but we've made up for it with quite a bit of snow throughout Jan-Feb-Mar and almost no rain (until tomorrow at least, haha). Check out the depth map to see what I'm talking about: NOHRSC Interactive Snow Information
Even in the city there's quite a bit of snow on the ground: http://powderwatch.com/qzone/wp-cont...2/DSC00665.jpg
Le Massif de Charlevoix & Le Valinouet have both been getting dumped on consistently (412/530cm date), both have deep snowpacks (140/180cm), and probably the best conditions east of the Rockies. Not to mention the fact that Le Massif puts every other hill in eastern Canada to shame! Here's a little blog I wrote this week about a day at Le Massif: Le Massif day trip blog
Massif de Charlevoix - that's my recommendation.
wow amazing blog post! i have to admit that looking at your pics gave me a little boner in my heart. i was also toying with the idea of trying vermont but i'd rather not have to cross the border if i don't have to. thanks for the heads up
kittyripper is offline  
post #338 of 365 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 02:27 PM
Senior Member
 
tooscoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: behind that tree, ontario
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 1
glad to see some people got to do some riding this year. only 15 days or something for me... pretty lame.

i'll have to do some road trips next year. this year was shit for me... not sure if it will be better or worse next, but i guess i'll have to wait and see.

and hi to any folks i haven't talked to in a while... howdy ho

sarcasm... yeah... like THAT will ever catch on...
tooscoops is offline  
post #339 of 365 (permalink) Old 08-26-2012, 12:41 PM
Senior Member
 
PiKiT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 147
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
winter is comminggggg


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
epic ride
PiKiT
PiKiT is offline  
post #340 of 365 (permalink) Old 08-26-2012, 12:46 PM
Veteran Member
 
chupacabraman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Monashees
Posts: 876
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiKiT View Post
winter is comminggggg
F'n rights!!! Not eastern related, but Sunshine Village got snowed on right to the base a couple nights aho, as did the bigger peaks north if Revy. 26 deg today though. I'm hoping for an indian summer then straight to dumpage... No rain unless it's single digits in town
chupacabraman is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome