What do you think of my aspiring 686 setup? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Jacko_390srock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 77
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question What do you think of my aspiring 686 setup?

Hey guys, Im looking for a new jacket/ pant combo for this season cause what im riding in now is years old. I still wear the Empyre Jacket and Freeworld pants that I first got when I started snowboarding and am looking to upgrade to higher quality threads. The two particular items Im looking at now are the 686 ACC Pixel Insulated Jacket in cyan palette and the 686 smarty original cargo pants in white. The reasons im preferring this 686 right now is because 1)Ive heard a LOT about the quality of their outerwear 2)Im looking to use the jacket hooks so I need same brand pants to fit. 3)The style of the jacket is sick and 4)I want a jacket with insulation, but still feels light and baggy. The smarty cargos Ive heard a shit ton about and how well they keep you dry, comfy, and warm. Also that they last a long time. How many seasons can a jacket and pair of pants last you guys? How often do you buy new gear? And what are your thoughts on this setup and 686 in general?

Save on 686 Acc Pixel Insulated Snowboard Jacket Cyan Palette - Mens Snowboards Jackets Clothes Snowboarding Apparel Clothing

Save on 686 Smarty Cargo Snowboard Pants Cyan - Mens Snowboards Pants Clothes Snowboarding Apparel Clothing



Jacko_390srock is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 01:06 PM
Veteran Member
 
Method's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Post Falls,ID
Posts: 622
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yea it's clothing... Anyways I like my 686 smarty pants with the removable thermals, they are kind of heavy but keep my nads warm, and that's important.


The jacket to me looks rather feminine
Method is offline  
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Jacko_390srock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 77
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Method View Post
Yea it's clothing... Anyways I like my 686 smarty pants with the removable thermals, they are kind of heavy but keep my nads warm, and that's important.


The jacket to me looks rather feminine
To each his own
Jacko_390srock is offline  
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 03:02 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 11,672
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
So you want to know what we think, then someone says it looks rather girly and you say to each his own? Who cares what we think.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is offline  
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 04:29 PM
Veteran Member
 
tekniq33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 773
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
686 is great gear. Very good quality and features. For style go with what you like.If you like bright and bold stuff thats a good set up, if not then obviously it would be bad.
tekniq33 is offline  
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 05:12 PM
Veteran Member
 
T.J.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,933
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
So you want to know what we think, then someone says it looks rather girly and you say to each his own?
exactly what i was thinking.

Passion Over Fashion
T.J. is offline  
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 05:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I picked up the 686 smarty index jacket recently and its just a high quality, really warm jacket. I happened to get it off ebay for a pretty cheap price, but I think if you get a high end jacket from 686 you cant go wrong, if you can afford the price tag.
ChubbyGuy is offline  
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Jacko_390srock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 77
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Response

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.J. View Post
exactly what i was thinking.
Look, Im just saying that if you can tell me that its a good jacket because of reasonalble pros, or if its not because of reasonable cons, then okay. But saying its a feminine jacket is your "opinion", and that doesnt tell me if its a good jacket or not, just that you dont like the colors. Okay... I disagree, I think its dope, thats why I said to each his own. But I wouldnt have said to each his own if he could have said that it was bad because the material rips easily. That is more based on evidence with the jacket than opinion. But c'mon. Who wants to know if you think it looks girly? Thats not what this thread is for.
Jacko_390srock is offline  
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 06:17 PM
Veteran Member
 
Method's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Post Falls,ID
Posts: 622
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko_390srock View Post
Look, Im just saying that if you can tell me that its a good jacket because of reasonalble pros, or if its not because of reasonable cons, then okay. But saying its a feminine jacket is your "opinion", and that doesnt tell me if its a good jacket or not, just that you dont like the colors. Okay... I disagree, I think its dope, thats why I said to each his own. But I wouldnt have said to each his own if he could have said that it was bad because the material rips easily. That is more based on evidence with the jacket than opinion. But c'mon. Who wants to know if you think it looks girly? Thats not what this thread is for.

I'm going off the fact that you're matching all your clothing, to me it seems rather contrived and fashion oriented. Perhaps I'm wrong though , But I did add I own 686 pants and like them for basically everything when it comes to riding.Somehow I doubt their jackets wouldn't match the same quality, in a way you could take that as a reference to the jacket :P.

Usually the main things I look for when it comes to clothing is the waterproofing and breathability ratings, anything above 10k is good for me, and then for gloves the type of stitching.
Method is offline  
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 06:38 PM
Senior Member
 
thugit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: IDaho
Posts: 498
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko_390srock View Post
Look, Im just saying that if you can tell me that its a good jacket because of reasonalble pros, or if its not because of reasonable cons, then okay. But saying its a feminine jacket is your "opinion", and that doesnt tell me if its a good jacket or not, just that you dont like the colors. Okay... I disagree, I think its dope, thats why I said to each his own. But I wouldnt have said to each his own if he could have said that it was bad because the material rips easily. That is more based on evidence with the jacket than opinion. But c'mon. Who wants to know if you think it looks girly? Thats not what this thread is for.
I think a feminine looking jacket is a pretty reasonable con.
thugit is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome