A rant against Sony. - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2009, 09:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
AdamBQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
that samsung blu ray is made by sony isnt it? i may be wrong though...i like sony, they dont rush things typically and make it the best product out there unlike some other companies(microsoft maybe?)
I don't think it is. Its pretty high end and has some features not many of the Sony players had at the time, and Sony doesn't tend to release higher end stuff to their OEMs then they offer themselves.
AdamBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-15-2009, 09:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
MunkySpunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Berkshires
Posts: 3,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
that samsung blu ray is made by sony isnt it? i may be wrong though...i like sony, they dont rush things typically and make it the best product out there unlike some other companies(microsoft maybe?)
Sony DOES take care to put out good stuff. They don't lie when they say the PS2 has a 10 year product cycle, and my PS3 is a 3 ton bullet proof brick that, like every PS3 I'm familiar with, hasn't failed since day one. I'm not saying they're masters of marketing, that much is apparent - but they know their hardware. When the Dev knows how to code for the Cell processor, the results are staggering: KZ2 & Uncharted2 make good examples. They also encourage the little guys to make games: You've never played a game like Echochrome or Everday Shooter (made by one single guy), I can guarantee that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBQ View Post
and the fact that my Monster RF remote can control it
How much was the remote itself? I don't think I've ever heard of anything monster makes that is reasonably priced. I can use my PS3 controller to control my Blu-Rays (how much did your Samsung Blu-Ray player cost?) or streaming movies quite well.
Quote:
($100 acc to be able to do this with my PS3)
And how much do you pay for a wireless adapter or an upgraded HDD for the 360? How long have you had your 360? Do the math and figure out how much you've paid for the privilege of online gaming. The money hammer swings and lands on both the 360 and PS3 folks. Do the math over the long term and you'll be surprised just how hard it hits the 360 folks.
Quote:
PS3 has a lot to offer for sure, but I just don't seem to turn it on that much. . .
OK, NOW your original rant is making a lot more sense in light of your train of logic. Why would you go out and buy a Blu-Ray player if you've got a PS3? Kind of like 'Why would you go out and buy a PSP GO if you've got a PSP already?'

As for turning it on (if you actually do have a PS3): Pick up Uncharted 2. The only way it could get better reviews is if MORE critics said it was the best single player game they've ever played.
MunkySpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Thadwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBQ View Post
I'm exceedingly bitter for no good reason.
I think it's worth mentioning that Sony gave PSP owners the capability (perhaps not legally ) to make the most of digital format games and movies. 10 minutes of modding and you can grab that now-$10 8gb memory stick and throw all the games and movies you own on it.

I don't understand the basis for your argument, taking into consideration the fact that Sony has handed PSP owners the tools to make use of digital memory since the very first model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBQ View Post
Sony has made buying their new hand held completely unappealing to their existing customer base, which in my opinion is not good customer service, or even good business.

Sony really didn't forsake anyone by making the PSP GO, they're just appealing to a new consumer base, namely the market consisting of those who don't already own PSPs. Making a product for people who have already paid for said product, and banking on them paying for more or less the same product again is what I'd call bad business practice.
Thadwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:09 PM   #14 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
jmacphee9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Detroit
Posts: 2,335
Default

i thought sony made the actual blue ray components, but they just developed them i guess. i see what your saying about the new psp, but why dont you just keep your old psp? or sell it and all the games together and get a new one..
__________________
Lib Tech Skate banana
Flow NXT-FS
Nike kaiju
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
legallyillegal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: fuck Snowboarding
Posts: 4,475
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkySpunk View Post
Until they removed it when they released the DSi. I'm looking for the OP's rant about Nintendo screwing over their customer base for doing that, but I can't seem to find it.
I'd say removing the gameboy slot starting with the 3rd generation of the DS console is fine.
__________________
THERE ARE SPECIFIC REASONS AS TO WHY I AM MORE LOCAL THAN YOU

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:22 PM   #16 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
MunkySpunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Berkshires
Posts: 3,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by legallyillegal View Post
I'd say removing the gameboy slot starting with the 3rd generation of the DS console is fine.
As would I. As would be removing the UMD drive on the 3rd generation of PSP, unless you're OP.
MunkySpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:13 AM   #17 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
baldylox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,107
Default

Samsung makes stuff that other companies re-brand, not the other way around. I think he was referring to the fact the Sony developed and probably collects some type of licensing fee for blu ray technology.
__________________
baldylox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:36 PM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
VenomousSVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 526
Blog Entries: 2
Default

perfect reason that i kept my launch PSP.. it has had a custom firmware on it ever since the 1.51 CFW and i will never run an official firmware.. i have been downloading my games for years and not paying a dime
__________________
2010 Snowboardingforum.com East Coast Meet Scout Master


09 GNU Riders Choice
09 GNU Fastecs
09 GNU Park Pickle
09 Burton Missions
Burton Sabbath's
VenomousSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:26 PM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Thadwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 140
Default

Holy necropost, Batman!
Thadwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:48 AM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
VenomousSVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 526
Blog Entries: 2
Default

not quite necro.. its not even a month old.. but it does qualify as resurection
__________________
2010 Snowboardingforum.com East Coast Meet Scout Master


09 GNU Riders Choice
09 GNU Fastecs
09 GNU Park Pickle
09 Burton Missions
Burton Sabbath's
VenomousSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums