Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Games (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/games/)
-   -   i phone video of Stoked (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/games/19799-i-phone-video-stoked.html)

Rebel4Liberty 11-17-2009 04:19 PM

i phone video of Stoked
 
Here is 2 videos I did in i phone quality. One of fluke jibbs I caught while recording some runs (WE already know they are stiff and crap lookin) playing around with presses (should be much better in BA)

The other is my highest trick ever now..52,000 Indy 90 boned, along with a stylish one foot melon and crail boned

Please give me a rating, thanks and hope you like the tunes in them

YouTube - Stoked prograbs--52,00 Indy 90 boned (Travis Rice)

YouTube - Stoked jibbing @ Element of style event

YanTheMan 11-18-2009 01:34 AM

Sorry to burst your bubble, I really rather watch travis rice shred it in person.

Im not gonna watch you play a game over some legit snowboarders throwing down.

Rebel4Liberty 11-18-2009 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YanTheMan (Post 206376)
Sorry to burst your bubble, I really rather watch travis rice shred it in person.

Im not gonna watch you play a game over some legit snowboarders throwing down.

LOL I am not comparing myself to a real pro man! I am showing what can be done in the game. There is a lot of people who can't even play this game well, which takes lots of practice...

tekniq33 11-18-2009 06:35 AM

In the regular stoked I dont really get the best way to switch from one slide to another. Do I have to ollie up and turn into it? Why cant I just spin onto the rail and continue my rotation once I am on?

Rebel4Liberty 11-18-2009 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tekniq33 (Post 206404)
In the regular stoked I dont really get the best way to switch from one slide to another. Do I have to ollie up and turn into it? Why cant I just spin onto the rail and continue my rotation once I am on?

Yeah, you kinda have to ollie and turn into it. The shifting physics are not present in Stoked, hence why you have to ollie for each type of slide. This will change, and they know they have get it so you can shift on the board without having to use the ollie, but just like off axis corks and rodoes they have to develop the physics for it. They know a lot want this, but again it will take time to get it done right. For the mean time, its fun to try different angled presses and sometimes get a bonk in there now and then

MikeHunt 11-18-2009 10:40 AM

Will you be able to bonk trees and spin off trees in the new stoked? I know in this one it either makes you bail or throws you off axis when u try and bonk or spin off a tree

tekniq33 11-18-2009 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebel4Liberty (Post 206407)
Yeah, you kinda have to ollie and turn into it. The shifting physics are not present in Stoked, hence why you have to ollie for each type of slide. This will change, and they know they have get it so you can shift on the board without having to use the ollie, but just like off axis corks and rodoes they have to develop the physics for it. They know a lot want this, but again it will take time to get it done right. For the mean time, its fun to try different angled presses and sometimes get a bonk in there now and then

I am definitely picking up BA next weekend but can you do those angled presses and bonks in the original? I certainly don't know how despite logging serious hours and beating the game.

Rebel4Liberty 11-18-2009 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeHunt (Post 206499)
Will you be able to bonk trees and spin off trees in the new stoked? I know in this one it either makes you bail or throws you off axis when u try and bonk or spin off a tree

I have noticed in Stoked you get the occasional fluke like that, but mostly a bail is the result. The best way to bonk from I have tried, even sometimes those can be flukes, you press the end tip of object (like the huey blade I show)and sometimes you look like you just bonk the end, instead of sticking to it

Bkeller 11-18-2009 03:04 PM

Id rather spend my 50$ on a lift ticket.

Rebel4Liberty 11-18-2009 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bkeller (Post 206644)
Id rather spend my 50$ on a lift ticket.

Well I understand what your saying. You would rather spend the money to do it for real than on a video game, and that makes perfect sense as the season starts....but how about in the off season, how about an injury, how about when you can't make it to the real slopes for whatever reason. As I said before I myself am not in close proximity to be a real rider so that I could practice enough at it on a consistent basis. This is why I can get my thrills from a game, otherwise I'd do it if I was living close enough. So yeah, enjoy the season and then pick the title for 10-15 after its over. I know there are others like me not anywhere near slopes, so the game is the best alternative for us......


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2